Heads and cams

Sparsh0

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know of some good steerable heads and cams I can put on my v6 and how much it's gonna cost roughly? Still just toying with the idea right now and I don't know much about them.

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
Look up super six Motorsports. They deal with 4.0 parts. That being said, it’s not really worth the cost or the headache for minimal gains.

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
Sadly he is correct. I have looked and looked. For less money you can get more power with a swap.

If you really are set on keeping the 4.0, look into modboxx supercharger kits. Not too bad price wise, but they don't include the supercharger either, you get one from a junkyard. So for around 2500 bucks you get around 270 HP total. Meh. I thought about it and decided I would just drive my 4.0 until it lays down, then swap in a V8

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I might just wait and get a coyote I've heard they "can' fit

They sure can fit. :) Hope you are good with wires..
Mechanically, everything fits from 11-13 (and probably 14) GTs.

Sparsh0

Reaction score
They sure can fit. :) Hope you are good with wires..
Mechanically, everything fits from 11-13 (and probably 14) GTs.
I've been debating buying a procharger kit or a crate coyote and just dump money into the block until my little 4.0 dies and by then I would swap in the 5.0 and have it built already .

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I've been debating buying a procharger kit or a crate coyote and just dump money into the block until my little 4.0 dies and by then I would swap in the 5.0 and have it built already .

I was looking at the Xcharger setup for the 4.0. I have a Vortech on my 91 GT, and it is awesome. The Vortech was my 2nd choice if I was going down the road of boost.

That 4.0 is a pretty reliable engine. 9 or 10 psi boost would wake it up nice and it can be safe and last with a SAFE TUNE.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back