Hello from England

buster

Reaction score
Hi guys, My name is Andy, from North Yorkshire in the UK.
I've always wanted a mustang, and from the day I saw the 2005 S197 come out I knew I wanted one. I finally managed to get one a few months back. Strange at first with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car :whistle1:
Getting used to it now.

Heres a couple of photos from when I first bought it. 2007 GT manual.

IMG_0028_zpsnjpywepw.jpg

IMG_0027_zpsxfpdnijw.jpg

I've now done some little mods, parts are cheap but shipping, duty and vat are a killer !
Got some pypes pipe bombs, gt500 rear spoiler and a steeda cai with sct x4.
Changed the rear lights for raxium coyote type so I can do away with the extra lights we need for uk regs. The rear (orange) turn signals have been drilled and fitted into the outer white/clear flash on the clusters. That's about it for now I think. Suspension next.

IMAG0631_zpslun26s0s.jpg

fitted some agent 47 mirrors and shr lower grille inserts. Tinted the fog lights.
IMG_0086_zps37oldfc0.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. At least the pedals are arranged the same. I've been to Abingdon in Oxfordshire and of course flew into Heathrow and spent the weekend in London. It was however all business or I would have liked to have made it up near your way to visit New Castle (best beer on earth before I gave up drinking). Worked for a company based out of Abingdon here in the US.

I've driven in Australia, and was fine until I had to make that first left turn. LOL! I taught a guy from Reading England how to properly use four way stops here in the US when he arrived. He thought he could just blow right through them if no cars were present. LOL! Scared the crap out of me. ENJOY!

buster

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. At least the pedals are arranged the same. I've been to Abingdon in Oxfordshire and of course flew into Heathrow and spent the weekend in London. It was however all business or I would have liked to have made it up near your way to visit New Castle (best beer on earth before I gave up drinking). Worked for a company based out of Abingdon here in the US.

I've driven in Australia, and was fine until I had to make that first left turn. LOL! I taught a guy from Reading England how to properly use four way stops here in the US when he arrived. He thought he could just blow right through them if no cars were present. LOL! Scared the crap out of me. ENJOY!

Hi and thanks for the welcome,
Yes Newcastle is only 70 ish miles away from me. :party52:
The 4 way stop is new on me also, i'd just go straight through it if no one was there.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the welcome,
Yes Newcastle is only 70 ish miles away from me. :party52:
The 4 way stop is new on me also, i'd just go straight through it if no one was there.

Everyone in England told me that if they had to rely on 4-ways nothing would ever get done because people would all be arguing over who had right-a-way. LOL!

BTW - Did you hear the one about the two nuns bathing? One said "Where's the soap? The other replied, "Yes it does doesn't it"? LOL! Took me a month to figure that dry humor out and I still needed some help and a few beers to do it. LOL!

Oh and there's more beer in a British Pint. I learned that as well. Now what was never resolved during a discussion I observed there one night between an Englishman and a Scotsman is which is worth more...The British L or the Scottish L?

Last edited:

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
Fixed that steering wheel problem for ya Andy!!:beerchug2:

Welcome aboard!!:waytogo::waytogo:

Attachments

• IMG_0028_zpsnjpywepw.jpg
    IMG_0028_zpsnjpywepw.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 3

buster

Reaction score
Everyone in England told me that if they had to rely on 4-ways nothing would ever get done because people would all be arguing over who had right-a-way. LOL!

BTW - Did you hear the one about the two nuns bathing? One said "Where's the soap? The other replied, "Yes it does doesn't it"? LOL! Took me a month to figure that dry humor out and I still needed some help and a few beers to do it. LOL!

Oh and there's more beer in a British Pint. I learned that as well. Now what was never resolved during a discussion I observed there one night between an Englishman and a Scotsman is which is worth more...The British L or the Scottish L?

Ha ha , yeah. 4 way stop. no you go,, no you go ! we'd be there all day :insane:

Nope , soap one is lost on me :shrug:

British Pint 568 ml , I know that one ! :drink_nl:

Scots, bah what do they know ! again dunno.

Coosawjack

Thanks, looks better that way. Apparently there are people who do the conversions but they are expensive. I did have a right hand drive chevy g30 which was done in the USA, but it was an Ambulance that was originally for our NHS service which I was going to convert into a camper but didn't get around to it. What a beast, 6.5 ltr v8 diesel .

stkjock

Thanks , yes read that lot on the pm I got when I signed up.

Wicked GT
cheers ! :beer:

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome chap - a good bunch on here and properly friendly :goofy_batman: conversation is more 'animated' and adult :omfg: than the UK version :clap:

buster

Reaction score
Welcome chap - a good bunch on here and properly friendly :goofy_batman: conversation is more 'animated' and adult :omfg: than the UK version :clap:

howdo ! Joined up here because on the UK site people just don't really do anything to their cars. They just seem to pay other people to modify them and polish them !
I like to get stuck in and I think the guys and girls on here do to. :clap:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

It's cool to see folks outside of the states joining our little club :thumb:

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
howdo ! Joined up here because on the UK site people just don't really do anything to their cars. They just seem to pay other people to modify them and polish them !
I like to get stuck in and I think the guys and girls on here do to. :clap:

aye - there is that to it. May I suggest that you try and look up Matt Moxon on the UK site - he's in your neck of the woods and races

buster

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

It's cool to see folks outside of the states joining our little club :thumb:

Thanks, it's a great forum with good info.

aye - there is that to it. May I suggest that you try and look up Matt Moxon on the UK site - he's in your neck of the woods and races

Yeah I've seen some of his posts but not actually spoke to him. I think he's in York.

Paulluap

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Andy
Sweet ride!!! If I had a choice in color it would have been black, but still happy with my vista blue.
I here you about the parts, thought I might be able to find some secondhand parts on here.
Cheers Paul

buster

Reaction score
Hi Andy
Sweet ride!!! If I had a choice in color it would have been black, but still happy with my vista blue.
I here you about the parts, thought I might be able to find some secondhand parts on here.
Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul,I think Vista blue was a smart move. Black was my first choice but its a right swine to keep clean. Wish i'd gone blue or silver but never mind.
Tooo lazy to wash my car

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back