HELP - electrical questions for the doors after swap

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I have a 2007 car that I have swapped the entire underhood and body harness to a 2012 (along with the BJB, SJB, seatbelts, dash, engine, trans, etc. etc.). I didn't swap the 2007 door harnesses as they plugged in to the 2012 body harness. My door ajar warnings are on for both doors and the window, mirror and lock switches don't do anything. I can lock and unlock the doors with the key fob however. Do I need to swap the door harnesses from the 2012 also or is there somethings I am missing?
Thanks in advance
https://www.s197forum.com/threads/4-0-to-3-7-v6-swap.140825/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure, have seen that more often than not:
1) Is to possible to get schematics of both side by side?
2) Those keyed harnesses may actually plug in either way. Yup seeing that is believing.
3) Ford may of done a single pin swap in harnesses just for that reason, it won’t work. Have to keep after market active? Some wires needed may be dead-ended?
4) Minor changes with year groupings to either add or delete stuff. Example: Skip shift in 2012 Boss and eliminated with 2013’s.
5) Then all types of not wanted locking status of key (remote) locking only some doors, drive off all lock feature, But that’s Buick in ‘16. Would Ford of had anything decade and 1/2 ago?

Usually though obvious is NOT but that’s too simple… we just don’t look for anything as such, not human nature. Only my opinion here.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
yep, these are all my same thoughts...
I guess I will just bite the bullet and swap the door harness. I've swapped everything else!

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
well I took apart the 2012 LH door and started gutting the 2007 LH door. There are significant differences. The door latches are different, the window switches are different, etc.
Image - Copy (230).jpeg
Image - Copy (231).jpeg

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
and of coarse the window regulator motor is different as well. I did get the door lock swapped so the 2012 key works in the 2007 door. I've got both regulators out and trying to figure out if I can just switch the motors. The regulators are not interchangable...
Image - Copy (232).jpeg
Image - Copy (233).jpeg

whitmanink

Reaction score
when i changed doors on my 06 to 09 gt , it was the same result as you, so i pulled the harness out and swapped them ,. didnt take too long to do , i had a mini cats claw which worked wonders

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back