Hood help!

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
A 05-10 GT owner over here in the UK has bought himself a used hood as he has already attempted to sort out the front edge corrosion on his original, anyone know what type of hood this is and if it is indeed for a 05-10 model?

best poems about grief

thailand

forum member
Reaction score
I believe that is a GT500 hood. It will fit a GT, but the bumper lines don't match up exactly, since the GT500 has different headlights/grill. It is also not as flat as a normal GT hood, so the front is lifted a bit. Some folks like it though.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
more specifically it's a 07-09 GT500 hood.
as stated it will bolt on but fit around the headlights and the center part of the hood is different than a regular GT hood.
you can google GT500 hood on a gt images and see how it will look. here is a link to a good pic on how it will look.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwifuvCUo-bdAhUi8YMKHQp4BjsQMwhgKAswCw&url=https://www.s197forum.com/threads/gt500-hood.52837/&psig=AOvVaw1gPv6C0vVCiUOt2NT1LCDS&ust=1538518765202570&ictx=3&uact=3

cyberdemonbfg

Reaction score
I don't normally come in here much anymore but i received an e-mail from this group and i had to respond.From looking at the picture,it's a duplicate for the hood on the GT-500 that i used to have,same color too(mine was an 2009).The bad news is it will corrode just like the original,Ford hasn't learned how to do aluminum to this day..it's still happening.If you want to stop that from happening,you will have to go fiberglass or steel.Mine did it twice,once under warranty and again out of warranty.I had to battle with Ford the second time around.I wound up having to pay one third of the repair bill,dealer paid a third(they shouldn't have had to) and Ford paying a third.The body man,that i knew well was honest and said it will come back and there was nothing he could do about it.I looked all over for a hood that would fit and look good and the only one i liked was the super snake hood(fiberglass) from Shelby but it was over 2k.I also had the Clutch Problem that everybody knows about but that is another story.I was pretty upset about everything that went on with that car so i traded it off on a used 08 Corvette that only had 6600 miles on it.I liked the Mustang but i was tired of the BS.That was in December of 2012.I still have the vette and it has been great.At least it won't rust or corrode.Good luck.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back