How do you deal with being low?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I have been on sportlines for awhile and only scraped once. It was my fault. But never over speed bumps. I drive it like I stole it to.

TheCaptain39

Reaction score
I never have any problems with the front scraping, its always something in the middle. Guess I need to get under there and check it out.

It also has me nervous sometimes cause when i open my passenger door it is like a 1/4" off the pavement. I always tell my friends "be really careful when you open your door"

DaveKonaBlueGT

Reaction score
We have some pretty steep speed bumps where I live and my K springs havent let me scrape on anything yet but I also hold up traffic while I go over them,lol.

mancha

forum member
Reaction score
I have to really watch it with the Bullitt since it's dropped over 2", has 17's, full exhaust, and the Bullitts have mud flaps molded into the rocker panels behind the front wheels. Oh, and nobody makes these 1 year only, Bullitt only rocker panels. Bashed up used ones are going for $300+, while new ones are around $800. I usually stop for a sec when the front wheels are at the top of a speed bump, and then ride the brake till the front wheels are on the street again, sometimes stopping halfway down just to minimize suspension compression when the wheels hit the pavement.

DRock

Reaction score
I never have any problems with the front scraping, its always something in the middle. Guess I need to get under there and check it out.

It also has me nervous sometimes cause when i open my passenger door it is like a 1/4" off the pavement. I always tell my friends "be really careful when you open your door"

You are hitting your aver the axle exhaust pipes.
a6934892-2dce-41d7.jpg
You stole my picture lol!!!!!!

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Driver Mod! hahaha

You just have to either A learn how to go over those at a real slow speed on an angle, or learn to avoid speed bumps.

Like others said your car doesnt look that low, it doesnt look any lower than a stock Corvette to me

yep haha

the lows arent for everybody

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
you guys that are really low, can you even get a jack under it?

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I gotta agree with the rest. Knowing what you can and can't do in your car, performance-wise, is as important as knowing what you shouldn't do. If you see 8" medians, you probably shouldn't try to roll 'em Raptor style.

Knowing where you're driving helps alot. There's certain plaza's in Vegas that, I shit you not, have 2'-0" H x 8'-0" W speed bumps/handicap crosswalks. With the FRPP K springs, the 'stang will NOT make these bumps without the midpipe clawing at it. But for your everyday lowered vehicle challenges, just don't hit speed bumps so hard that the recoil slams the nose down, otherwise you'll center. If your nose is what's taking a beating, then take it at an angle. Otherwise, angles won't save you from centering out, can't be avoided if a bump is simply taller than chasis ride height. Uphill speedbumps are the ones I hate, but that's because I run stock struts/shocks, so I get the extra bounce when I come over the bump, usually the cause of most of my center-outs. It's still rare.

Just comes with the territory for the most part. Show room cars belong in a show room. My 'stang belongs on the street, and all that that implies.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Just take everything at an angle. I scrape my x pipe/chassis on things periodically, nothing bad though. The worst is the raised manhole covers at gas stations, gotta watch out for those.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back