How Much Does It Weigh?

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
What’s a fart weigh?

And more importantly, is a chili fart lighter than a cheese fart....or is it the other way around?

It'd sure be nice to know what to have for lunch come race day. :thumb2:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Weighed my front runners today after getting them mounted and such

15x3.75s
27" x 4.5 hoosier

22.8 lbs each. That's a nice weight savings

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
What’s a fart weigh?

And more importantly, is a chili fart lighter than a cheese fart....or is it the other way around?

It'd sure be nice to know what to have for lunch come race day. :thumb2:

I am pretty sure hot air creates lift. When I'm at the track I roll up the windows and have at it.

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
Some weight loss

Took off the evap crap and just ran the gas tank vent to a filter. And took off these pig GT500 wheels and added some D-Force wheels. As well as removed the rear seats, door panels, radio, speakers, subs etc. Dropped a bunch of weight. Door panels with speakers (35#s), Rear seats and belts (28ish), wheel swap (48#s).

Attachments

• Evap Scale.JPG
    Evap Scale.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 25
  • GT500 Wheels.JPG
    GT500 Wheels.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
Home made rear seat delete and door panels

Jus thought Id share some door panels I made to replace the stock ones. I DD and race this car and I care about how it looks on the inside. So, I thought Id replace the door panels and save about 35#s at the same time. I used extreme light weight insulation panels from Lowes and some thin carpet material I picked up at Advance Auto. Finished panels weighed less than 2#s each. I did the same for the rear seat delete. Knocked off another 28ish #s back there as well. Total materials came in at about $40

Attachments

• IMG_7403.JPG
    IMG_7403.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 66

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
Damn u took it to a extreme but looks good.

Thanks! I am king of biting off more than I can chew sometimes. But this was pretty easy if you have headliner glue and a heat gun. The bare doors looked terrible so had to do something. If I had your horsepower I wouldn't care about weight...:waytogo:

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
How do you open the door and operate the windows from the inside?

Its controlled from the driver side for the windows and have a small hole that the cable barely sticks through that you pull to open the door.

Attachments

• Diver door.JPG
    Diver door.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 27

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
I'm around 3540 with my big butt in it. I just have a Sparco seats, ghetto door panels, rear seat delete, aluminum DS, Steeda glass hood and some Dforce lightweight wheels (save 64#s over my 20s), to get the weight down. That supercharger I have doesn't help, but I need that HP.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
I'm around 3540 with my big butt in it. I just have a Sparco seats, ghetto door panels, rear seat delete, aluminum DS, Steeda glass hood and some Dforce lightweight wheels (save 64#s over my 20s), to get the weight down. That supercharger I have doesn't help, but I need that HP.

I'm 4020 with my big butt in it. (250 lbs)
All tubular everything front and rear-didn't save much weight there.
stock seats, rear seat delete, alum drive shaft and super charger as well.

What's killing me is that roll cage (.134 wall tubing is HEAVY!) and that 6+ gallon water tank/ice box I have in the trunk for the intercooler.
Great at the drags but now that I'm doing the road course thing I think it's going to get deleted.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
I just swapped out the auto trans for a Tremec Magnun XL 6 speed and I'm sure that's added some weight too. :(

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back