How much would ask for swapped 5.0 2012 gt into 07 gt body

jolambright

forum member
Reaction score
I know a strange question but I have an 07 gt with the dash and engine bay parts of a 2012 gt premium swapped into it and everything works. Also a T56 magnum.

Anyone have a clue what would be a ball park price?

The engine has 80k on it and everything runs fine.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
No matter what, you want all the cluster warning lights to be out.

Last edited:

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay any more than going rate for an 07 GT. In fact, I'd probably choose the 07 GT over yours, all things being equal (mileage/condition).

jolambright

forum member
Reaction score

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
No clue what to ask. Kinda in the same boat myself if I was to consider selling.
It is worth what someone will pay. 20k is what popped into my head.

jolambright

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, i wouldn't trust your work. I prefer factory or minor mods. The coyote bonus wouldn't tip the scales for me.
So are you telling me you would only use a supercharged car if it came from the factory like that?

I didn't do the work, a mechanic with experience in this did it at his shop.

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
So are you telling me you would only use a supercharged car if it came from the factory like that?

No, I consider a supercharger a minor, and somewhat common, mod.

What's with the interrogation... You asked, I answered. Good luck with your sale never the less.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score

I think it’s just a case of don’t buy someone else’s project, too many unknowns. I’d be wary too, personally.

Still curious to see photos, mainly of what that swapped dash looks like. Photos will make estimating a price easier too I’m sure.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Yes I remember looking for my 2016 Altima 3.5 SR and the dealer had no cars. He would order me one for $26000 with $1000 down. Then he tried to sell me a 2.5 for the same price. I hate talking to salesman that have nothing to sell. Drove to the next town over and there it was. I leftover new Altima 3.5SR for $21500 on the big letter sticker over the front window. The actual sticker as $29,500. Best deal ever. Both salesman were blunt. The 3.5 SR is not a commuter car so they do not sell. The 2.5 SR is. The 3.5 SR is the perfect match to my Mustang GT Base.

twins2.jpg

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
It is a Coyote. At least $10,000 worth of work. Although maybe half that with free stuff from a brother-in-law.

Last edited:

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I know a strange question but I have an 07 gt with the dash and engine bay parts of a 2012 gt premium swapped into it and everything works. Also a T56 magnum.

Anyone have a clue what would be a ball park price?

The engine has 80k on it and everything runs fine.

It'll be worth slightly more than a stock '07 GT, and that's provided it's a finished project where everything works correctly and there are no residual issues. Otherwise it could be worth less 'cause unfinished projects can often be a massive headache for the next person to complete.
One thing's for sure. You'd only recoup a small fraction of the cost of the Coyote swap at best so unless you desperately need to sell the car, hang onto it for as long as possible to get your money's worth.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Now that I read the question, he sounds like a car salesman. He says he has one with some Coyote parts and the pictures are on a used car lot. He does not say it's his car. The pictures say car salesman.

Sigma6

Reaction score
Price will depend too if you have receipt of works preformed as well as whom preformed the work. A backyard mech or a reputable shop? Outside of that condition condition condition. There’s a butt for every seat but it’s going to take particular buyer whom wanted an earlier gen look with a coyote motor, there’s people out there whom wouldn’t mind this combo. I’d gauge what s197 3v vs 5.0 are going for and be in the ballpark. Often prices are regional

jolambright

forum member
Reaction score
It'll be worth slightly more than a stock '07 GT, and that's provided it's a finished project where everything works correctly and there are no residual issues. Otherwise it could be worth less 'cause unfinished projects can often be a massive headache for the next person to complete.
One thing's for sure. You'd only recoup a small fraction of the cost of the Coyote swap at best so unless you desperately need to sell the car, hang onto it for as long as possible to get your money's worth.
If and when I do try to sell it I imagine I would have to wait a while for larger offers since it's a custom car. And that is fine by me, I wouldn't mind waiting a year or two for the right buyer.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back