How to Identify PCM Version?

richie9mt

Reaction score
I bought my 2006 Mustang 4.0L V6 last November. I'm third owner; CarFax indicates previous owners serviced car religiously [87,000 miles].

I've read that the dealer had the capability to flash the PCM with updates/revisions. Is there a way, using ForScan 2.3.48 (or other means), to identify if my Mustang PCM has the latest firmware update???

Thank You!

--Rich B.

richie9mt

Reaction score
Browsing the ForScan forum, I read that it was better to keep the OEM PCM configuration rather than chance an upgrade that might have gov't mandated emission/mileage changes...

So I printed out my Configuration from ForScan and noticed that each individual module had its own software version and they were all different...

So each module has to be upgraded individually??? There's no 'package' PCM upgrade???

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Ford only issues a pcm update if there is a problem with the original code.
Research any tsb's and see if you are having any of the described issues (if any found).
If not applicable, leave it alone.

Ps:yes, each module gets updates (if needed) individually.

richie9mt

Reaction score
Research any tsb's and see if you are having any of the described issues (if any found).
If not applicable, leave it alone.

Argh!!! I had found a listing of TSBs some months back but can't find it now. In any case, since it now runs well I will take your advice (as well as others) and leave it alone. ;)

richie9mt

Reaction score
Ford only issues a pcm update if there is a problem with the original code.

I did a Google Search for 2006 Mustang TSBs...(Couldn't find anything here)...

Holy crap!!! One site lists 114 2006 Mustang TSBs!!! Another has 56!! A third one has only 27!

That one gets read first... :D

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can put your VIN in on Ford's website and it will tell you if you have any outstanding campaigns of any type on your vehicle

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back