How would this look on a stock hood?

moooosestang

Reaction score
Really considering this since my hoods paint is failing in spots from corrosion. Looking at this one specifically for the cutout. my whipple pulley is fairly close to the hood. this would probably place it further forward than typically seen. I'll try wrapping the hood in some of that new carbon fiber vinyl that looks like the real deal. If it looks like pooh i'll just get a carbon fiber hood.
tak-s550gt4cln_xl.jpg

AHaze

Reaction score
It will look... race-car-y... Up to you if you like that or not.
I'd be concerned with the engine no longer having any protection from the weather.

moooosestang

Reaction score
It will look... race-car-y... Up to you if you like that or not.
I'd be concerned with the engine no longer having any protection from the weather.

This car doesn't get driven if there is any chance of rain so no worries. I have drag radials on the back 24/7. It all ready looks race-car-y, lol! i've got racing seats, racing steering wheel and soon racing harnesses. I've seen similar vents on the gt500 hood, but it has raised spots so they look like they belong. maybe a long vent on each side of the motor would look better on a stock hood.

momo6.jpg

bambam 06

Reaction score
This car doesn't get driven if there is any chance of rain so no worries. I have drag radials on the back 24/7. It all ready looks race-car-y, lol! i've got racing seats, racing steering wheel and soon racing harnesses. I've seen similar vents on the gt500 hood, but it has raised spots so they look like they belong. maybe a long vent on each side of the motor would look better on a stock hood.

View attachment 86073
Does that steering wheel comes with an air bag?

Greg D

Reaction score
The rule of thumb for heat extractors is to get the louvers located near the hot air exiting the radiator. An efficient heat extractor will help engine cooling and keep underhood temps down, which helps other things.

Project916

Reaction score
I have seen it on a 2013 and it looked OK. The guy said it dropped his under hood temps big time. Here is another option.

Also was that steering wheel plug and play? Where did you get it?

gbstang

Reaction score
You can legally remove your own airbag, if you want to but no shop can do it legally..
You cannot sell a car that came with airbags to another party without those airbags...

gbstang

Reaction score
Really considering this since my hoods paint is failing in spots from corrosion. Looking at this one specifically for the cutout. my whipple pulley is fairly close to the hood. this would probably place it further forward than typically seen. I'll try wrapping the hood in some of that new carbon fiber vinyl that looks like the real deal. If it looks like pooh i'll just get a carbon fiber hood.
tak-s550gt4cln_xl.jpg
To answer your question, it would look like crap.. sorry.. Reason: I really cannot tell how big it is, but your hood is not flat, when you bend this to match it would surely buckle or cause your hood to warp in weird ways..

Your best bet to control heat is to get a hood that is higher off your engine (I cannot believe I am saying this) like a cowl hood... I have a carbon fiber hood that has extractors on it, it is also much higher than the original, I also lowered the engine by 1.5 inches to clear,,, still heat is always an issue.. BTW, Cowl hoods look gay and should only be seen on a Chevy imho....

bobbybb

Reaction score
E915732F-54B3-4AF9-BCA1-6E21C34F05D9.jpeg E0A739FC-D36C-437E-80CF-095D2D0F5040.jpeg These are track spec louvers that I installed this winter. They are specific for this mustang, so there’s no issues with bending them or molding them into a shape. I cannot vouch how well they reduce the temperature under the hood yet because it’s still winter here in Ohio but I’m hoping for good results.

gbstang

Reaction score
View attachment 86106 View attachment 86107 These are track spec louvers that I installed this winter. They are specific for this mustang, so there’s no issues with bending them or molding them into a shape. I cannot vouch how well they reduce the temperature under the hood yet because it’s still winter here in Ohio but I’m hoping for good results.
Nice,
I take back my concerns.. I was surprised actually they are not as huge as I thought they would be.. They look great for a track car, not my cup of tea for a street car but would not think twice for my track car.. Nice!

DieHarder

Reaction score
View attachment 86106 View attachment 86107 These are track spec louvers that I installed this winter. They are specific for this mustang, so there’s no issues with bending them or molding them into a shape. I cannot vouch how well they reduce the temperature under the hood yet because it’s still winter here in Ohio but I’m hoping for good results.

Hmmmm.... Now, that's a Man Cave.... :snoopy

JC SSP

Reaction score
86' had air bags? I owned an 86' Mustang GT convertible and the steering wheel were 2 options. Two spoke with cruise control or three spoke, there was no air bag.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back