Hows my wiring so far? And other ?s...

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Bored tonight so started piecing together what I have of my sound system so when the car comes out of storage it will mostly be a plug and play affair.
Here's where I am so far, and each component is on top of its instructions, just want to make sure all is well so far.

Its an appradio 3 in an 05 with shaker 500 and a 2011 steering wheel with an axxess aswc-1 adapter.

I have the 12v-5v blue/white to the appradio harness blue/white. Ground to ground. And blue/red going to both blue/whites on the metra sub connector.

Yellows are both always powered, red is 12v key on power. I have 4 grounds so far (12v-5v convertor, headunit, metra harness, and axxess steering wheel adapter) all on one ground as you can see in pic. Would it be better to split them up?

Last but not least, on upper right of the pic you can see my axxess box. Ground to ground, red to key on power. 3.5mm jack plugs into headunit. But what gets me is the signal wire from the steering wheel.
http://contentdocs.installernet.com/documents/vehicle/10901.pdf
Step 3 says white/green wire to pin 18 of the vehicle. Now this is the instructions of a 2011 gt. I use this because its a 2011 steering wheel. I trust this pin isnt used in my radio harness in the car? I would have to tap into a wire right from the steering wheel audio buttons correct?

Edit: Havent bothered doing any speaker connections because I dont trust the color coding on the metra harness package. Some arent even there. Dimmer and illumination doesnt seem to be used on our cars right? According to the appradio wiring book doesnt say anything about dimmer/illumination.

Last edited:
Back