I have a problem!

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Sweet ride!
My 86 Mustang GT had the black hood decal. Looks great.

My brother had an 86 GT in Canyon Red with the black hood decal. First year of fuel injection and we laid waste to all the Camaros and Trans Ams in Mobile County, AL with it lol
Well, that was just a continuation of doing it with his ‘73 mach1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder if the datalog file recorded to the Pro Scanner app can somehow be transferred/downloaded from the smartphone to a desktop PC? If it can and also be in a file format that may be compatible with SCT's LiveLink software or that Lito can use? This could possibly provide an alternative without the need for requiring a laptop, otherwise, if not? then I suppose there is no other option but to purchase another laptop PC :shrug:
The x4 can store the datalog, you dont need a laptop in the car. If you have a pc, you can pull the log from the x4.
Have lito send you the datalog config file. The default channels/PIDs logged are not very useful for remote tuning.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
The x4 can store the datalog, you dont need a laptop in the car. If you have a pc, you can pull the log from the x4.
Have lito send you the datalog config file. The default channels/PIDs logged are not very useful for remote tuning.

IIRC, isn't the SCT/LiveLink software required to record data from the OBDII port and X4 via the laptop in order to create a remote tuning/datalog file?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
IIRC, isn't the SCT/LiveLink software required to record data from the OBDII port and X4 onto the laptop in order to create a remote tuning/datalog file?
Yes, he needs a PC with livelink to configure the datalog with the x4 connected. Then you can unplug the x4 from the pc and go drive and log. Then reconnect x4 to livelink to download the recording from the x4.

The only advantage of having a loptop is you can view the live data.

A desktop pc is all you need.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
It was also from my understanding that a laptop is also required in order to record data from the X4 and OBDII port via SCT LiveLink software? If not? then I do in fact have both the X4 and desktop PC with the SCT LiveLink software installed.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
It works both ways.
X4 only, records the datalog. You can download the datalog and view it in Livelink. Can be done with a desktop PC.

OR

X4 connected to Livelink on laptop and log, and yes, Livelink saves the datalog and no downloading from the X4 needed. But it works either way.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
It works both ways.
X4 only, records the datalog. You can download the datalog and view it in Livelink. Can be done with a desktop PC.

OR

X4 connected to Livelink on laptop and log, and yes, Livelink saves the datalog and no downloading from the X4 needed. But it works either way.
Then it appears I'll be reading over my X4 manual for instructions on how to datalog and also how to download the datalog file to my desktop PC which has the SCT LiveLink software installed. Afterwards, make arrangements for contacting Lito on how to get started with the datalogging process. Meanwhile, thanks once again for clarifying :cool:

Edit: I forgot to mention that my car would also require a wideband O2 sensor, as it is supercharged. Therefore, would the X4 be capable of recording log data from a wideband O2 sensor or would a laptop then be required?

Last edited:
Back