I have a problem!

Ron Smith

Reaction score
My introduction probably looks like most others...

Hello, my name is Ron and I have a 2010 Mustang. My problem started about 2 years ago when I purchased a slightly used panoroof GT with less than 30,000 miles. Since then, the problem has only grown. I find myself wanting to spend more time everyday with the car, whether it be adding parts, or detailing it, or simply cruising around the neighborhood. My wife has started to complain about the time and money that I seem to be abhorrently committing to my problem. I was told you all may be able to assist me. I have no intentions on quitting my problem, I'm looking more for enablers than anything. Can you help me?CAR II.jpg Car.jpg

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
Supercharged? Built motor? Definitely was to help your problem! (Welcome and nice ride from a fellow 2010 fan)

Ron Smith

Reaction score
Supercharged? Built motor? Definitely was to help your problem! (Welcome and nice ride from a fellow 2010 fan)

Nothing special done up to this point. Exhaust, 3.73s, AM Tune. I keep it clean though! LOL!!!

Ron Smith

Reaction score
Ditch the AM/bama tune ! And get the Pro Racer software.
I'm actually currently looking at getting a Lito tune. I'm seeing a lot of chatter about Lito tunes being the best hand programmer tune out right now. Until I actually start making legit engine mods, I'm going to stick with what I currently have. This is my dd, and I don't run it, so cost effective tunes are just fine right now.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Lito does not do coyotes the last time I checked w/him. Part of the reason I got the PRP software.

Ron Smith

Reaction score
Lito does not do coyotes the last time I checked w/him. Part of the reason I got the PRP software.
Sorry to hear that. I still have the 4.6, so I should be good I just haven't taken the leap yet. I honestly don't see any reason to right now. I need to work on a couple of things before investing in another tune. Looking at cams, long tubes, intake manifold, throttle body, etc. I'm wanting to keep it naturally aspirated, as I said previously I'm not looking at running it. Maybe in a few years, but have other priorities at the moment.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Super nice steed ya got there - I know how you feel w/ this problem. Best therapy is to get you + your wife out for some enjoyable cruis'n. :D

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
With a 4.6, Lito is the man!

No doubt about that and with the Coyote 5.0, Jon Lund is the man.
Lito (Manual Plazo) resides in Caracas Venezuela and does the best email tunes for the 3V. You'll need a datalogging software to create datalog files that Lito can use to revise each previous tune until he has it properly dialed in.
BTW, your car looks fantastic. :headbang:

Last edited:

Ron Smith

Reaction score
No doubt about that and with the Coyote 5.0, Jon Lund is the man.
Lito (Manual Plazo) resides in Caracas Venezuela and does the best email tunes for the 3V. You'll need a datalogging software to create datalog files that Lito can use to revise each previous tune until he has it properly dialed in.
BTW, your car looks fantastic. :headbang:
Super nice steed ya got there - I know how you feel w/ this problem. Best therapy is to get you + your wife out for some enjoyable cruis'n. :D

Thanks for the love guys! Dino, any recommendations on a logging app or where to get the appropriate software required to do the logging?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
If you have an SCT handheld tuner, you can download their Livelink software onto your laptop and use it to record and save datalog files. The tuner should include a USB cable that plugs into the OBD 2 diagnostic port under the dash.
I also have an ELM 327 Bluetooth scanner that plugs into the same diagnostic port with the Car Scanner Pro app paired to it on my smartphone. I can use my phone app as a dashboard of gauges, it'll also show/record live data of up to 63 parameters, and it'll scan for DTCs. It's great if you have an intermittent engine problem or a problem that doesn't trigger a DTC 'cause the data can help you pinpoint it right away, thus saving you a lot of money on visits to the stealership.

Ron Smith

Reaction score
I also have an ELM 327 Bluetooth scanner that plugs into the same diagnostic port with the Car Scanner Pro app paired to it on my smartphone. I can use my phone app as a dashboard of gauges, it'll also show/record live data of up to 63 parameters, and it'll scan for DTCs. It's great if you have an intermittent engine problem or a problem that doesn't trigger a DTC 'cause the data can help you pinpoint it right away, thus saving you a lot of money on visits to the stealership.

I will have to look into one of those as well. I have the x4, but tbh haven't really taken the time to look into all of it's capabilities. I did see that it has logging capabilities, but I wasn't sure if you meant specific software. I will definitely look through some more threads here to see if there's instruction on how to do a data log when the time comes, if I don't purchase that ELM 327 you mentioned. I need to look to see if the x4 has been updated over the last coulple of months, too. I appreciate the insight.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
If you have an SCT handheld tuner, you can download their Livelink software onto your laptop and use it to record and save datalog files. The tuner should include a USB cable that plugs into the OBD 2 diagnostic port under the dash.
So how does one go about datalogging with the ELM 327 Bluetooth scanner and Car Scanner Pro app? In another words, can datalogging be done with these without the SCT Livelink software and without a laptop or is a laptop and Livelink software with SCT programmer still required in order to record and send datalog files to Lito? Meanwhile, I do have the SCT X4 programmer and Livelink software on my desktop PC, however, I currently do not have a laptop at this time!

Last edited:

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
If you use the ELM 327 to collect the data and the Car Scanner Pro app to process it (and display live graphs/gauges), the app can record the data and save it as a datalog file on your smartphone. The only thing is I don't know if it would be in a format that Lito could use.
It's good that you have an SCT X4 tuner but unfortunate that you don't have a laptop, 'cause you could have connected the laptop to the OBD 2 port with the provided USB cable and used the Livelink software to record data in a file format that Lito definitely CAN use.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder if the datalog file recorded to the Pro Scanner app can somehow be transferred/downloaded from the smartphone to a desktop PC? If it can and also be in a file format that may be compatible with SCT's LiveLink software or that Lito can use? This could possibly provide an alternative without the need for requiring a laptop, otherwise, if not? then I suppose there is no other option but to purchase another laptop PC :shrug:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back