I have a question about my Clutch?

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
Lately, If I pull away real slow or let back on the clutch real easy without some gas. I guess stall it a little. I get this weird feeling in the drive train. Kind of a jerkiness or something that continues for a second or two? I have driven stick for a long time, So I know its not me doing something stupid. The clutch is not way far from the firewall or anything. Also, The car is an 08 with 9000 miles. I have a few mods and have had them pretty much sense right after I bought the car. No drag racing or anything though but I do drive it hard. Could it be my clutch going? Any thoughts?

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
These cars have a hydraulic throwout bearing and therefore are self adjusting so the engagement position should be similar even as the clutch wears. Could it be that you got it a bit hot and now have a bit of engagement shudder?

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
If you're talking about some chattering in the clutch engagement, my '08 has done it since the day I drove it off the lot. 15k miles later, it still does it.

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a warped flywheel according to your description. Try to explain it a little better.

The hydraulic system will always feel the same unless the slave or master is going bad which would cause close to the floor engagement, not a chattering feeling. I guess the question is...do you get a chatter when the clutch is partially engaged meaning during the transition from disengagement to engagement or vice versa?

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
I talked to the local Speed Shop and they are saying that the chatter is normal and as long as there is no slipping(and there is not) and no bad smell(there's not), That I should be fine with it. When I give a little rev when I leave from a stop I can't tell at all. Its just a little bit if the car bogs a little and I feel the chatter through the drive line. I can't explain too much better than that. Really, I think that all I can do is wait.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
does it do it only when is cold and you first drive it or when is hot as well.there have been some talk here in the pass but most of the people reported the same shutter,stall only when is cold,even my automatic used to do it when i first drove it in the morning.

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well, if it's something new you probably have a warped flywheel. Is it something new, because you did say ''lately''?

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
It happens when cold and hot I have found sense I have really been looking now and I am not too sure if its a new thing. I have just had left knee surgery on the 22nd and drove her the day after so you can imagine I was really feeling everything that was going on. I had to drive her though, I add new tunes and a new X-Pipe I put on the day after too.LOL.

Anthony05GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think you need to worry one way or another. Give it some time and see what you think in a couple of weeks. Or, just stop thinking :bong:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back