I know its dangerous for me to do, but I've been thinking

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If there was a way and how much wood it help, If I could maybe not "supercool" intake air, but get it around 40-50 degrees, by building something (and I'm not sure how it would be yet, but have some ideas) that could be loaded with maybe dry ice, and work something like a radiator, bo longer instead of wider, so the air would travel through it for a longer period of time. Or maybe cool it using something like a liquid gas ( helium or nitrogen) something along those lines. I wonder if the air could be chilled enough to truly have a noticable difference in performance.

This is just all hypthetical, but food for thought.

ixtlan

Reaction score
My question would be restriction.
With Forced Induction I see no problems at all. It would basically be an intercooler.
With Normally Aspirated I see major issues.
Far more loss than gains.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Larry,

looks interesting...but seems as costly and you'll have to get the bottles refilled. For a race only application I could see it....

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Larry,

looks interesting...but seems as costly and you'll have to get the bottles refilled. For a race only application I could see it....

maybe vut you can string in their fuel cooler, and a few other options to keep other things cool. IMO this far exceeds the Chiller Killer in every aspect

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
My cuz John is runnin' a co2 kit on his 69 Vette. a few months ago he was telling me that at 90* outside temp, he picks up 90+ hp on the dyno with the co2 system. He has the intercooler, fuel line cooler and a small loop on the intake tube right infront of the TB.

His air intake is shielded and up front in the nose, so he tied the intercooler into a WOT switch. He primes everything in pre-stage, then gets a constant cool down for the whole run.

His biggest complaint is a 10 lbs bottle doesn't last long, 8 to 10 pases. It cost about the same as No2 also. On the bright side, it has very little of the neg effects that No2 does.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
No shit...if he can pull that shit off with a carbed 350, our EFI systems should really kick ass.

I am concedering it for mine. I think Kimmer said one was going in his too.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ditto - before I got the KB I was all set to do a whole kit for my turbo. I have put it off for awhile, but I am still really leaning towards putting this set-up on my car now. I still am looking at n20 sprayed coolers as well.

Back