Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Showing off too hard, leave the car on the ground

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We have a car show every year at work, about 30 cars show up. Mostly stock or lightly modded. We’ve all seen everybody’s cars. It’s unlikely anything new will show up this year. But its good excuse to stand around outside and talk about cars plus we make a little money for charity.

Anyway, instead of just parking my car with the hood up, I’m thinking about putting it up on jack stands, taking the wheels off, bringing a creeper and letting guys look under the car.

I’ve got the most built car in the show (Kenne Bell, Konis, springs, control arms, sway bars, driveshaft, big brakes, long tube headers, etc.). Plus its not a dd, it is clean underneath and has relatively low miles, meaning no crap will be falling on people going under the car.

What do you guys think? Am I going to look like I’m way too proud of this car and I’m just showing off too much or is it a good idea to change up a kinda weak car show?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Depends in my view... the guys that really aren't car guys may think your being a tool, but the hardcore car guys may want to take a look. I would make VERY sure that where ever you have the show is okay with it... for liability reasons. Something happens and you could be sued.

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car's in the car show... Jack stands in the car show... Car falls off jack stands in the car show.... Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies
Quint+beer.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not worth the liability IMO

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with it's too high of a liability. Although cool, I'd be afraid some nitwit would do something to cause it to slide/fall of the stands. Mirrors are a good choice. Maybe a small ramp and a mirror for a better viewing angle?

Just my 2 cents.

Car's in the car show... Jack stands in the car show... Car falls off jack stands in the car show.... Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies
View attachment 49436

LOL. And that made me think of this....

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I thought about the safety of it but didn't think it would be a big deal. Maybe I've just spent too much time laying under cars.

How about this. 2 tires on the ground, 1 side jacked up with 2 tires off. They could still see the suspension and no one actually gets under the car

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
How about something like this? This guy was at a recent all Ford show here in Huntsville. I thought it was pretty cool.

20140510_113403_zps5fef0f8f.jpg

20140510_113355_zpsf7dc0412.jpg

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I thought about the safety of it but didn't think it would be a big deal. Maybe I've just spent too much time laying under cars.

How about this. 2 tires on the ground, 1 side jacked up with 2 tires off. They could still see the suspension and no one actually gets under the car
Don't do what you were asking about in your 1st post.

I say that because some dumb-ass will hit their head, scratch their arm, or even worse a parent not paying any attention to what their kids are doing will be under your Mustang.

Your best intentions I completely understand but I can tell you what you think would take place probably would not.

The 2nd idea above in this post is the way to go.
Anyone interested can see what you have done and guess what ???
No-One will be under your Mustang including kids that the parents don't control.

Protect yourself when it comes to the Public !!!

Terry

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Hire Darren. He has this down like a science. He can suspend the car in the air and keep the dust off the OAPs. And no kid is gonna approach a guy wearing just socks.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I'm with the others, no jack stands. Too much risk of a fall. To do this right, either like the custom setup pictured above or get some mirrors and Race Ramps. They have a bunch of products specifically for this kind of thing. I've seen many cars at events like the Grand National Roadster Show & Del Mar Goodguys on these setups.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
If I saw a car on jackstands at a car show, I'd throw a fist full of business cards under the car. :evillaugh:

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Nah, I do securities fraud litigation. But I know some buzzards who probably would do that.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How about something like this? This guy was at a recent all Ford show here in Huntsville. I thought it was pretty cool

I like the wheel stands. Its a good idea but more work than I want to put into this.

I guess I was not really clear but this is a car show that is actually at work, during the week, during lunch. The only people who show up are most of the 800 or so people who work there. It lasts like two hours during a long lunch break. The only outsiders are friends who work close and a couple wives come out for lunch. Its after school starts, so no kids are there unless one of the wives brings one under 5 yrs old. Its not a public thing.

But even still, its probably not the best idea to get it off the ground. I may still do the 2 wheel thing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back