If you could start all over again with your Mustang ... what would you change?

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
We have always messed up some way or another when we venture in the aftermarket world, lots of wasted $$ and time and it comes to my mind all the "Should've made this instead of that" but Live and learn.

Some of the things I can think of ...

• Getting my engine built by a person who is familiar with Ford mod engines.
  • Get a off the shelf SC kit intead of buying a custom one, details are always a PITA to get cleared.
  • Never try to repair something that should be changed right away. (In my case a Cylinder Head)
  • Try getting everything in one shop, that is known to stand up for their clients, products and willing to help with any problem that may occur.
If Ford offered Grabber Blue as a color option back in '07 I would've got it, 07 colors are all kinda dull and bored in my opinion, Grabber Orange is ok but not my best color option to own a car for me.

:beerdrink:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Gotten a bullitt, went through insurance to fix my car after the accident, skipped N/A build saved for a blower, not gotten a shaker lol.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Would have went straight to a blower rather than wasting money on NA mods.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I love my car, but I also would've just skipped it and gotten a used GT500 instead.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
N/A 5.8 high compression E85 Hogan intake fire breather.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
If I could go back and change it, I would have bought a SC when I had the money. Now it seems like I go 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of future shelby owners I guess! :D

I would've loved one too, but I couln't pay one back in 07.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
I would have got a auto car. Bought weld rts instead of my forgestars. Built my rear end first before having to build it twice. Bought a paxton and gone fast, then saved for a motor and gone faster.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Automatic trans, supercharger instead of all the bolt ons. I would have not got leather either. As much as I like it. It's hard to bring myself to get racing seats when I bought the car with leather. If only I knew I was going to try and build a race car before I bought it lol.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Would have gotten dark silver or something, that is about it.
can't say I regret anything I love my car!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
That's kinda how I feel frankie. I love my car. I don't think I'd have done anything different at this point.

I almost would say that I would've gotten a GT500, but a new one would have cost nearly twice what I paid for my base GT, and I don't think that I would be enjoying it twice as much as I do my car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back