Inspection Help!

91hatch

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Mustang GT.I had an O/R X pipe with custom tune on my car.I put my stock mid-pipe on with a sct strategy tune with rear o2s cut on to pass inspection I went to get my car inspected after i had driven 80-90 miles and it failed for o2 heater readiness and 02 readiness check. Does anyone know how long it takes to complete this check and is there anyway to cycle through it faster?

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
depends on the state regs and 2012 could be in service over a year

etc1006

forum member
Reaction score
Hell, here in MD if you're the first registered owner of a vehicle (new from dealer or another state) you'll get a notice for the emissions within a month if registration. After that it goes from when it was first registered. IIRC, mine is Jan/Feb when the previous owner got it. And it got done this year, so it'll be 14 til I get one.

2011mustanggt

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Mustang GT.I had an O/R X pipe with custom tune on my car.I put my stock mid-pipe on with a sct strategy tune with rear o2s cut on to pass inspection I went to get my car inspected after i had driven 80-90 miles and it failed for o2 heater readiness and 02 readiness check. Does anyone know how long it takes to complete this check and is there anyway to cycle through it faster?

I don't think you want a strategy tune- you either want to go back to your stock tune or a custom tune. All emissions equip must function..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back