installed coilovers now front end binds/clicks

duggyb

Parts For Sale Lurker....
Reaction score
well i put my D2 coilovers in a couple months ago in winter but haven't really drove the car since, i drove it to the shop and got a safety and alignment done and parked it in the garage until the snow was gone.

yesterday i backed it out and when i turn the wheel about half way through i hear kind of a click or knock and feel it a bit in the wheel, nothing major but it feels like somethings hanging up.

anyone have any idea was this could be?

oh by the way its a 2009 GT

Thanks.
Dustin

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
make sure the lock rings are tight. I know everyonce in awhile on my neon they come loose and make similar click/knocking noises, just gotta tighten them back up.

also make sure you keep them cleaned up so the lockrings dont freeze up. and lose adjustability.

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Mine did this as well - Tighten the hell out of the sway bar end links. Took me a few weeks to figure mine out, but that instantly solved it

duggyb

Parts For Sale Lurker....
Reaction score
I know its not the endlinks, I have had that problem before on my last car, over bumps and I did on this car but I got them tightened during the safety inspection, I will give the lock rings a check though as it sounds like it could be that

It only does this when turning and will do it even turning at a standstill

leavnon3rd

Reaction score
my early 08 build has just recently started the same issue, 35k miles, 2 months ago i did front control arms since the balljoints had side to side wear, and front pads and rotors. 2 weeks ago it has a knock/clunk when turning the wheel quickly side to side either stopped or moving at low speed only(from what i can hear). it will even do it at low speed when first taking off slowly and in reverse aswell. I have have gone over the fornt end again, everything is tight and even tried tightening the rack and control arm bolts again, no difference. I was leaning towards strut mounts but i dont want to start throwing parts at it and not understanding it. Im might doubt my strut mounts since it still makes the noise in a straight line aswell and its quiet over bumps but i guess if the strut shifts it can make noise too. its annoying as hell i might just buy the strut mounts if i cant fingure it out soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back