Installing wideband AFR gauge.

Johnstone

forum member
Reaction score
As anyone atempted this on there own? Can i plug the wideband directly to my o2 sensor? Ive seen videos of guys drilling for the bong. Isnt there an easier solution?
i really dont want to pay to have it installed.. its not for the money.. The guy i deal with is 45min away from me

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

46addict

Reaction score
Is there an exhaust shop nearby? Any decent exhaust guy can punch a hole and weld a bung in it. My guy didn't use a drill, it was some kind of plasma torch. Don't know the exact term.

The rest is wiring if you're comfortable with that. And no you should not have the wideband share the same signal with your stock o2 sensors if that's what you're asking.

Johnstone

forum member
Reaction score
Is there an exhaust shop nearby? Any decent exhaust guy can punch a hole and weld a bung in it. My guy didn't use a drill, it was some kind of plasma torch. Don't know the exact term.

The rest is wiring if you're comfortable with that. And no you should not have the wideband share the same signal with your stock o2 sensors if that's what you're asking.
From what i read is i need a 12v power source its finding the right wire.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
You can use an Add-A-Fuse and tap into the fuse block. And yes, you need to have a separate bung installed. The stock sensors are narrow band. They don't have enough range for the wideband.

46addict

Reaction score
Right, and there are many 12v sources other than the stock o2 sensor wire. In my case I extended the power wire and put a fuse tap at the end. Then I tapped the instrument cluster fuse in the SJB for key on power.

Johnstone

forum member
Reaction score
Right, and there are many 12v sources other than the stock o2 sensor wire. In my case I extended the power wire and put a fuse tap at the end. Then I tapped the instrument cluster fuse in the SJB for key on power.
Yea just saw some videos. Im gonna try it this weekend.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Most wideband sensors come with a no weld bung, you just have to drill the hole. Make sure it's angled up about 10 degrees and you're good to go.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back