intake manifold or delete plates??

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
So I was planning on getting delete plates for my mustang, the thing is that its an 09 and i would have to buy and older model intake manifold. Would it be worth it to buy delete plates and the same, but older model intake manifold, or should i just go and buy the FRPP intake manifold??. I am N/A buy the way with minimal mods. Also, does the FRPP intake manifold still require the delete plates or not??

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
The FRPP does NOT use the "delete plates" , neither does the JDM or the C&L.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The FRPP does NOT use the "delete plates" , neither does the JDM or the C&L.
Doesn't the FRPP remove the CDMPs as part of its design there by having the same functionality of adding delete plates in that regards?
JDM has its own intake now? or did you mean JPC?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The JPC intake need's the delete plates to adapt to the intake. The ford racing design does not and the runners go straight to the heads

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want id u want it chep do the delete plugs for $60.
You could do the older style manifold with delete plates that would probably cost you $200.
Or if you want the new intake manifold you could wait a bit and just get the frpp for 599$

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I snagged a brand new set of steeda economy plates before everyone was sold out, but now since i'm thinking of going all motor, might just get the frpp manifold for now. Granted I know the gains won't be worth the $$ for now, but when all is said and done, it should work out nice.

Bottom line, it all depends on your future plans for the car.

ZeroSVT

Whos watching?
Reaction score
The best route to go if you plan on staying N/A or light boost is running CMVC delete plates. The intakes out now give no significant gains worth the money..

-Matt

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
its not merely a question of flow. the stock intake manifold flows about 300cfm, as great as any 3v head currently out there. the gain is in reducing the runner length from what is most likely 13 inches. thats why our efficiency drops off hard at 6500rpms, becasue its a long runner intake not meant for those rpms. but say, an 11 inch runner, would be perfect and thats why its better, not really about flow.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I lost a bit of torque down low with the frpp. But my car is always in the higher rpms lol... I cruise my car at 3000

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
this is all great info to know . I was looking at gettting a intake manifold next month !

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Being an automatic I see the FRRP manifold hurting more than helping since we can't rev out the engine as the manual guys do..thoughts?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I refuse to get into another manifold debate so I will sum it up like this. Consider an aftermarket intake manifold to be similar to a diet plan:

Your results may vary.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back