Is that a 302?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I tend to get the generic: "Is it a cobra?"

Other times I get: FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!!

Mattamus

forum member
Reaction score
I get a lot of people who come up to me in the gas station and ask me right off the bat "how much horsepower does it have? ". I tell it dyno'd at a peak of 403 to the wheels. Them: confused look. They ask another question, "what do y'all have done to it". I tell them it's mostly stock except for a m90 supercharger. Them: blank look on their face and say nice car and walk away or sometimes they give me a disappointed look like they were expecting more to the car. I always find it kind of funny.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Havnt had to many people ask about engine size.
But one tool from work went "is that a manual?
....you know what's better then mustangs? Everything"
And he climbed his fatass back into his pos Toyota truck and drove off.

08stang

forum member
Reaction score
I get a lot of people who come up to me in the gas station and ask me right off the bat "how much horsepower does it have? ". I tell it dyno'd at a peak of 403 to the wheels. Them: confused look. They ask another question, "what do y'all have done to it". I tell them it's mostly stock except for a m90 supercharger. Them: blank look on their face and say nice car and walk away or sometimes they give me a disappointed look like they were expecting more to the car. I always find it kind of funny.

i stopped explaining what was done to my car to people when a guy came up as i had the hood up at the track one day and this conversation followed.

fast and furious retard" this your car"
me "yep"
fast and furious retard " how fast you had it"
me " well i just ran 12.6 with a 2.0 60ft need to work on getting the launch down."
fast and furious retard" man i figured it would be a lot faster with that sweet turbo and NOS set up you got."
me " well for starters thats not a turbo and the car does not have nitrous on it"
fast and furious retard " man im not stupid i know what a turbo looks like and if thats not NOS then what are those 2 lines running into that silver part of the intake?"
me" thats a centrifical supercharger not a turbo and those lines are for the water meth injection not nitrous"

i endured a few more minutes of conversation before closing the hood and walking away

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I have Shelby CS40 wheels on my '12 GT. They say 'SHELBY' prominently on the outer wheel lip and the center caps have that 'CS' logo.

I've been asked many times if my car is a "real" Shelby, lol.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
My car has a 281 badge on the shaker

At least one person at every show asks me what does 281 mean

Last weekend at a show a guy asked I said 281 cubic inches
He frowned and said what's that in liters

I told him 4.6.
But wanted to say something else. :asshat:

keith88lx

forum member
Reaction score
I rarely get asked about my car. If it doesn't say BMW, no one cares. ok, now that I have that out of my system.

I once had a guy talk to me non stop at a gas station about how he loved my RTR wheels. Of course, he had a BMW.

My buddy has asked me about 10 times if my car had a V8. When I start it for him, I always ask him, does it sound like a V6? I firgured the sound from the Borla Stingers would be deep enough to know the difference, but he doesn't know shit about cars so he just shrugs.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Wasn't it discontinued in 1995 as a 96 model? Or am I getting my years and model years all fucked up as always lol

If so, my mistake :hi:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Wasn't it discontinued in 1995 as a 96 model? Or am I getting my years and model years all fucked up as always lol

If so, my mistake :hi:

No. 1996 was the first model-year that had the 4.6 mod motor in it and it was rated at a whopping 205-215 hp ... less than the 5.0 was rated at, which I think was 225 by then

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not to be a stickler, but the last 5.0 was 1995. :beerdrink:

Actually the last 5.0 was 2001. It was an ULEV engine and it was in the Explorer. If you meant the last Mustang with a 5.0, then yes you are correct.

No. 1996 was the first model-year that had the 4.6 mod motor in it and it was rated at a whopping 205-215 hp ... less than the 5.0 was rated at, which I think was 225 by then

But in terms of power to displacement it was more efficient. I just wish Ford had done it correctly right out of the box. A 2V SOHC with Trickflow style heads (which are essentially just 3V heads with only 2 valves) could have easily made 285-300 hp right out to the gate. The 4.6 would have been heralded as the new coming of God in Ford engines 1996 and not the bastard child it was seen as by many.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Gee....some people might actually have a fuckin life outside of Mustang knowledge or the lack there of. But yet their ignorance.....for shame for sure!:handjob:

Dude, what the fuck is your problem? You have something snarky to say about a lot of things here lately.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
People always ask me at car meets (Usually VW's, Audi's, etc), and I just say it's a little 5.0, nothing too fancy.

But my coworker said to me one day that he saw 4.6L on the side and he asked me what it was, he thought it was a V6.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Not a big issue, but I get a lot of people referring to my car as a Cobra... I get what theyre trying to convey but theyre not 100% accurate.

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
Gee....some people might actually have a fuckin life outside of Mustang knowledge or the lack there of. But yet their ignorance.....for shame for sure!:handjob:

505c7ac26483c.png

I don't think anyone here cares two shits about talking about their cars- I, for one, actually enjoy talking about my car. From what I've read in this thread people are bashing those that stop us to talk about the cars, then argue with you about your own car.

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be a total douchefuck about every thread for no apparent reason. Take a couple of seconds to read some of the conversations people are actually talking about.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a big issue, but I get a lot of people referring to my car as a Cobra... I get what theyre trying to convey but theyre not 100% accurate.

Yeah, but your car isn't a true Shelby, either. It's an SVT product. Ford paid Shelby for the rights to use the "Shelby" and "GT500" names.

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
Yeah, but your car isn't a true Shelby, either. It's an SVT product. Ford paid Shelby for the rights to use the "Shelby" and "GT500" names.

Don't tell a Shelby guy this... this thread erupts in 3... 2... 1...

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
This one time, this dude was all like "that shit got that 4.6 in it?" And I was like "THIS IS A FIVE-OH MOTHERFUCKER!"
Then some other stuff happened. And now internet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back