Is this damage bad ?

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
I got lucky and nothing was reported for my accident. I checked the carfax before I traded it in and it came up clean.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Jucostud's was about that bad and he got his fixed. Me personally, I'd take a hammer to the rest of it to finish it off and strip it down. lol

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Both rear "quarter panels" and the trunk are are totally smashed, how do they go about replacing these? Do they cut off the back of the car and weld on a new one?

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
Did you punt that kid square in his snatch? I woulda.

Sorry about your car, but be thankful you are ok. PLEASE listen to others and get YOURSELF checked out before waiting too long. I have chronic neck issues and headaches from a roll-over accident in 1996, that I will have for the rest of my life.

Personally, I'd want the car totaled. I would not want it back.

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
I am that asshole that pulls up next to these jackass's on their phones that cant seem to stay in their lane or keep a constant speed and yell at them to hang up and pay attention. On multiple occassions I get an eat shit look, but I firmly believe they will think twice next time (or atleast pay more attention).

I had a fuckhole texting and rear ended my wife's MR2 a few weeks ago. Lucky for him I wasnt with her.....

I hope everything works out for you!

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Did you punt that kid square in his snatch? I woulda.

Sorry about your car, but be thankful you are ok. PLEASE listen to others and get YOURSELF checked out before waiting too long. I have chronic neck issues and headaches from a roll-over accident in 1996, that I will have for the rest of my life.

Personally, I'd want the car totaled. I would not want it back.

Yeah, I really like my car and as much as I would like it fixed I am also extremely concerned it will never be as good as it was originally. I just have a lot of time, money and emotion into this car. Thanks all for the concern and I will make sure that I am fine, I will keep you up to date on the outcome.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
It will show an accident, no way around that. Now showing a total loss is another thing. That creates a salvage title for the vehicle..iirc.

LockNLoad

Reaction score
Looks like it's time to back half it and throw some big meats on there.
9822871094_6ddbb7fd9f_z.jpg

:p Good luck and hope everything works out OK for you.

walker2t

forum member
Reaction score
why I brought up the neck thing was because in 1999 I was driving my wife's trans am and I was at a complete stop turning into my housing addition and a high school kid slammed into me at about 45 with no brakes... the kid said he didn't see me stopped that he was messing with radio. fast forward to present day, I still have chronic neck pain that some days is just unbearable... I would get checked out because once you settle with his company they are off the hook for any future medical expenses...

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to see this man! I got t boned last October and it was horrible. I think the car is fixable as long as the rear axle and frame are OK. My car looked way worse than yours but didn't have frame damage so it was fixed. It needed a strut, control arm, knuckle, front wheel, fender, door, and quarter panel replaced. Good luck and glad you are OK.

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like it's time to back half it and throw some big meats on there.
9822871094_6ddbb7fd9f_z.jpg

:p Good luck and hope everything works out OK for you.

This is exactly what I was thinking!!!

Sorry to see this man! I got t boned last October and it was horrible. I think the car is fixable as long as the rear axle and frame are OK. My car looked way worse than yours but didn't have frame damage so it was fixed. It needed a strut, control arm, knuckle, front wheel, fender, door, and quarter panel replaced. Good luck and glad you are OK.

How long we're you out of a car for? Is this a month long project? I got the car at a ford body shop for estimating. Hopefully I'll have some news by tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was thinking!!!

How long we're you out of a car for? Is this a month long project? I got the car at a ford body shop for estimating. Hopefully I'll have some news by tomorrow

It took 32 days for my car to be repaired. It was fixed at a Ford bodyshop. It was delayed due to insurance supplements. Here is a link to my thread to give you an idea of the damage that my car had.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91960

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Jucostud's was about that bad and he got his fixed. Me personally, I'd take a hammer to the rest of it to finish it off and strip it down. lol

I agree here with Darren.

Buddy of mine and I ended up having a crash in with his car. Flew off a 15ft drop. ripped rear strut right out, broke wheel off, car was destroyed but not enough for insurance to write it off.

Thankfully we had a good tow truck driver with humour..

He "accidentally" dropped the car bringing it out of the ditch resulting in more under carriage damage.

Needless to say the car was fully written off.

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, first estimate came in at 6700.00. I was told this was without putting it on a frame machine and not assessing the front bumper/grill damage from when I was pushed into the car in front of me. I found out about 8500.00 will total the car, I got a feeling this was a low a lowball quote to get the work and then the real cost would come through and the cost will just keep going up. I'm gonna send it somewhere else for another estimate to really see what's up. Any thoughts on if 6700 seems legit or does it seem kind of low. I don't want to end up driving a car that was or should have been totaled. A lot of the estimate said remove and inspect, not R&R

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, first estimate came in at 6700.00. I was told this was without putting it on a frame machine and not assessing the front bumper/grill damage from when I was pushed into the car in front of me. I found out about 8500.00 will total the car, I got a feeling this was a low a lowball quote to get the work and then the real cost would come through and the cost will just keep going up. I'm gonna send it somewhere else for another estimate to really see what's up. Any thoughts on if 6700 seems legit or does it seem kind of low. I don't want to end up driving a car that was or should have been totaled. A lot of the estimate said remove and inspect, not R&R

If a reputable shop does the work, you will have completely fixed car that drives normal. You might be the only one who can tell it was repaired.

Back