Is this normal ?

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have noticed that only 60 percent of my throttle body opens when I hit the gas.. and by this it is shown in the MSD dashwak.. is this normal ? isnt it supposed to open 100% ?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Some of the other guys might know better than me, but if I were to guess without researching would be:

The only way you would know this if you have the induction elbow and MAF disconnected from the TB while someone else hits the gas. Due to the fact that the car is drive by wire, the computer may be trying to compensate all of the extra air that it shouldn't be getting.

How-bout it guys, anyone know for sure? I really don't feel like looking this up...:2cents:

UPDATE---

Ignore me, missed the part about the DashHawk.

Last edited:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some of the other guys might know better than me, but if I were to guess without researching would be:

The only way you would know this if you have the induction elbow and MAF disconnected from the TB while someone else hits the gas. Due to the fact that the car is drive by wire, the computer may be trying to compensate all of the extra air that it shouldn't be getting.

How-bout it guys, anyone know for sure? I really don't feel like looking this up...:2cents:
I wouldn't try anything with the maf disconnected since the maf wouldn't see any airflow.

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Why its really great I love it... everything is perfect.. and yeah it connects through the OBD port...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back