is this where I throw someone under the bus?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For a bad sale, there is a thread.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just say what you have to say. Good or bad let it all hang out. I don't see the reason for the dramatic title except to draw attention.

Now that you have the attention of the board what is it you want to expose?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pitstop would be more appropriate. Out with the issue already....

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Man! I have gone to all this prep for nothing. I had my cup of coffee made and my Quiche warmed up and served on the good China in hopes to have a great late morning read. Seems though the messenger is missing and the bus broke down.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
OK, sorry, darn kids...
back in January 2015 I bought an engine of a member flight83 or something like that out of Washington state off another forum. This engine was described as "fully forged short block just built" or something like that. It had all the internals listed, freshly Honed aluminum block, 4.6 to 5.0 stroker kit, manley rods, manley coated pistons, arp bolts, 9.5 compression completely balanced ready to go. Its been sitting in my garage for 2 yrs not going to use it $2200 +shipping.

I asked to see more pictures everything looked great. we agreed on the total price and I paid him. immediately after paying him he pretty much pulled down all the specs on the engine. I didn't think nothing of it. month went buy he shipped it I received it and opened the plastic bag it was in everything looked like the pictures. after I received it I asked him for the specs again on the engine. didn't get a response, several more attempts to reach him by phone no return phone call then blocked.
I had no intention of putting the block into the car until the winter. well fall came lost my job and new motor was not a priority. got back on my feet this spring and decided to do the motor this past fall. well, the engine was in the bag in my garage I pulled it out put it on my stand gave it a spin on the stand and noticed the crank looked funny specifically the counter weights. they were huge and drilled.And the rotation seemed to look like a normal 3v. I didn't like how that looked so I decided to try to get a hold of this guy and again begged him for the specs. he blocked me. I break the engine down while removing the mains there were 2 bolts that weren't even close to be torqued down two of the rods bolts were finger tight. I bring my stuff to the machine shop and last night they called me back, after 2.5 Months (sigh) tell me there is no way that this engine was balanced, its stock stroke, the cylinders were only half honed by hand. the crank is off 3oz on each side. cant identify the rods as there are no numbers on them, but they are forged. good to about 800hp. and it looks like they had a lighter rod and piston setup in it and "mickey moused it together" he said it would of ran and the vibration would have bounced me out of my seat probably the same time the rod went through the block.

My ship is sinking with the machine shop time (cash) its going to get this back on the road. the reason I stopped posting last night because I was trying to find his name and info on the svtperformance forum. And to boot I have not worked since xmas. which is expected I do home improvements and tree work too. so Fu$k him!

Don

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Ok, so you are outing someone from another forum who didn't send you what was advertised, is that correct?

The biggest issue you will have is that it took so long for you to inspect and report. IMO all you can do is have the rotating assembly balanced, bores honed, and go from there.

Someone on this forum might know the seller and that will help with what's going on.

Do you have a screen shot of the original ad and do you have pics of what you received?

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
the original post was removed. I have been in contact with the admin to see if it can be recovered. I have pics of the original ones he sent me. he is on this group too but has not been active since 2015.
I'm really not expecting much or anything from him. I'm just pissed. the crank has to be welded and balanced and so on. its the point of the matter. and yes I should have thoroughly inspected it when I received it but it was all buttoned up and I didn't want to or feel the need to pull the oil pan.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
the original post was removed. I have been in contact with the admin to see if it can be recovered. I have pics of the original ones he sent me. he is on this group too but has not been active since 2015.
I'm really not expecting much or anything from him. I'm just pissed. the crank has to be welded and balanced and so on. its the point of the matter. and yes I should have thoroughly inspected it when I received it but it was all buttoned up and I didn't want to or feel the need to pull the oil pan.

I get it and I understand why you are mad. What I don't know is what can be done about it besides what you are already doing.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
At this point you pretty much just pull up your big boy britches, chalk it up to experience and move on. The most painful lessons are the ones we remember best.

I've had good experiences buying and selling here on this forum, but we have a very good setup for that here. I'm usually very cautious and not willing to risk larger purchases without doing my homework on the seller and having some sort of recourse in place.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
unless its a "cost of shipping" or slightly more, I never pay with gift, even if i add the 3% charge to it. Then inspect when it shows up

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Just bend over and take it in the tail pipe. Its better to know now than to have it all built and not be what I expect. and break it down again to spend even more money. especially since this is my project with my teenage boys. if anything my two kids will be able to build a complex engine from head to toe. and that you don't learn on the street.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Figure out where the guy lives and send some thugs to go kick his ass. I didn't think sd wheeler was still in business!!

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I hate it when this happens to someone. I would suffice to say that everyone has had it stuck up their tail pipe at one time or another. I know I have to the tune of $7600 one time. Then or now that is no small chunk of change. I learned two things that day. GET IT IN WRITING AND DON'T BE THAT GUY TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Nothing pisses me off more than when you hear a story like this and instead of fixing it like you are after getting stung, they pawn it off on some trusting individual so the problem is on someone else now. Thanks for being considerate enough to share the story so that others can be wary of him should he try to appear again and stick it to another in the future. Let the man above handle pricks like that in His due time. Meanwhile when buying live by the rule screw me once shame on you...there won't be a twice, and second when selling treat others with the same level of honesty and respect you would want as a buyer. Don't be that guy if you get the meaning.

Sorry about your situation.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Its a shame there are people like that. He will get his, it may take a while or it maybe another way but it usually happens.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back