just got New Wheels

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Just arrived

Staggered 19" Ford Racing GT500 performance package wheels.
Nitto INVO 255/35/19 & 285/35/19.

These hasty photos don't really do them justice. I really love the color.

wheels01.jpg

wheels05.jpg

wheels08.jpg

wheels09.jpg

wheels07.jpg

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
Looooove the wheels. Tires, not my cup o' tea. Those tires are much shorter than the stockers. Granted, calculations say it's 1" shorter in the front, and only 0.1" shorter in the rear, the sidewalls are different profiles, these are less round and more blocky, which looks good, it also cuts down on the tire side wall and overall height. That gap isnt going to close any more bro. Need a tire that's 27" over all or larger. Look at the Boss track cars, the ones Ford uses, not the ones that they sell, and look at the hugs gap those have, and they're slammed. They got smaller light weight wheels that rock the track. Springs aren't gonna "settle" any more after 1 day from my experience. I really really like those wheels. Almost went with those in 11" in the rear. Still might do that for my road trip wheels. :)

How does it ride? More stiff? More control? The offset is a smidge more aggressive, so you should feel it. What other suspension mods do you have other than the springs?

Last edited:

pos 88 gt

Reaction score
Those wheels look amazing. They complement the lines of the car, are a modern design, and the dark gray really pops against the black. Great Job!

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Looooove the wheels. Tires, not my cup o' tea. Those tires are much shorter than the stockers. Granted, calculations say it's 1" shorter in the front, and only 0.1" shorter in the rear, the sidewalls are different profiles, these are less round and more blocky, which looks good, it also cuts down on the tire side wall and overall height. That gap isnt going to close any more bro. Need a tire that's 27" over all or larger. Look at the Boss track cars, the ones Ford uses, not the ones that they sell, and look at the hugs gap those have, and they're slammed. They got smaller light weight wheels that rock the track. Springs aren't gonna "settle" any more after 1 day from my experience. I really really like those wheels. Almost went with those in 11" in the rear. Still might do that for my road trip wheels. :)

How does it ride? More stiff? More control? The offset is a smidge more aggressive, so you should feel it. What other suspension mods do you have other than the springs?
Even if the gap doesn't close up it's still a heck of a lot better than stock. Yeah, the INVOs are definitely shorter than the stock Pirellis, but I don't mind.
I've got Koni STR.Ts with the Steeda sport springs. Otherwise it's a 2010 with the track pack option.

I just changed the wheels yesterday and I haven't driven much this weekend so I have only a cursory impression. I definitely feel the wider rear - steering isn't quite as lively.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Uh-may-zing. There is a black GT500 with the Performance Package at my local dealer and I about break my neck staring at it every time I pass by. Excellent choice!

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I first saw those on a Kona blue GT500 at a dealership and I fell in love ...

My favorite pic.

gtw01.jpg

Last edited:

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
I definitely feel the wider rear - steering isn't quite as lively.
See I was wondering about that. I was expecting understeer when I went to the 305s, but I actually have MORE responsive steering, with better turning radius, so weird. Maybe it's the tire behavior?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
See, I also felt that my steering was unaffected/better. Do the 2010's have electric steering assist like the 2011's? Since going over to staggered sizes, 255/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear, I've had much better grip in corners and less of a tendency to kick out under hard acceleration in corners. Especially since the weather got warmer. These BFG KDW 2's are hard to make squeal going around corners. I get pushed out of my seat before the tires reach their limits!

I LOVE the wheels BTW! Like Daniel, I about break my friggin neck every time I pass a 2010 GT500 in Blue with white stripes that's at my dealership here with those wheels. I just wanted a set that had concavity to them.

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
It's only a subtle distance at low speed. Maybe my sense will change when I push it a bit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back