Just installed nitrous

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Just have to find spots that the solenoids can fir in. For the plate lines, turn it upside down. They will be on the bottom and less visual. Solenoids would have to reversed also.

Reaction score
Just quick flashback here. Looks like the kits still using 2 solenoids? One for NOS and other fuel enrichment with nozzle choices? If running forced induction a blow back through intake has no place for pressure relief so the weakest component will blow apart way before reaching air box. Also a bit different from what the dentist used to offer (no sulphur content). Nitrogen just keeps 02 from pre-ignition until temps are reached 500+ degrees F. Nitrogen will then burn off or release the pure O2 in cylinders if all’s well. Lots of extra fuel also needed for cooling engine so no pre-ignition with that.

Germany started using in aircraft (WWII), their doing and also water/meth injection gaining popularity those times. Merely passing forward info I found interesting 40 or so years ago- just sayin’…

Brad05GT

Reaction score
Ah shoot I didn’t know I could do it upside down that makes since tho I’ll try that

Zach Baumann

Reaction score
I wish I could hide the hoses and solenoids better any suggestions?. Everything is done and ready 75 shot nozzles are in spark plugs will be in tomorrow went with hto one step colder

View attachment 85231
You could use a tee off the plate on the throttle body and run them under the intake. Might wanna use a heat shroud for the lines so the block doesn’t heat them up. Also home improvement stores sell thin metal sheets 8”x8” maybe for roofing but you can make boxes with them them paint them to hide the solenoids.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back