Just pulled the trigger on a 6060!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Jeremy, what time will you pick it up?

Earl

Thanks!

See below lol

Plan on being there between 10-1030 tomorrow.

congrats brother! come to blacksburg next weekend and break it in!

Thanks, I will set your clutch/flywheel aside and snap some pics for ya tommorow as well. So it will be ready to pick up whenever ya want.

Got a couple more small things to iron out and I hope to make it to the track soon.

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
You didnt hear Mike say april fools at the end of the phone call? the car isnt done yet....

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
That must be nice! I need it! I wish you would run out of money becuase everytime you get something it just leads the way for me. Just at a lot slower pace ;-)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The bleeder (pump) was supposed to arrive today so he may be out bleeing it as we type...

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
just to add some info.

im using a RST (6913-07)with a black floater ring with a mcleod steel flywheel, all balanced and put together by mcleod.

floater torqued to 35 ft lbs.....bottom disk rotates with little effort with out the p/p on

3 outside shim nuts torqued to 25 with red loctite

p/p torqued to 25

bearing preload is .762 inches

ram wants .6

so im not using a shim

anyone know if mcleod has a preload recomendation??

IMAG0008.jpg

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
the biggest issue i have with mcleod at this point is their LACK of instructions, only instructions i found were for a different type of twin disc, looks alot different then mine....and i couldnt find the torque specs on thier website for all 3 types of bolts. i found the specs for the 3 outside nuts that hols some type of shims, and i found the specs for the pressure plate, but nothing on the actual floater disc....or maybe that was back wards, anyway i still didnt find all 3, so i found a guy with a DIY write up and just torqued it to the same as he did.....hopefully his is OK,lol.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally got the car back. On the way home from richmond i was doing 70mph at 1500rpms, and I averaged 26mpg! Previous best with the 3650 and turbo was 21-22mpg.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back