Justinsstang 2006 GT M90 Build Thread

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Well as a few of you know I picked up a used M90 from Skwerl. I've had it for a couple weeks but I just bought a house and finally got moved in Wednesday. I always work Thursday - Sunday and get off at 10:30pm each night, so I'm finally going to give the install a go on Monday (maybe Sunday night after work? IDK!).

It's an M90 kit from a 2010 Roush 427R, which was then put on Skwerls 2009, which is now going to go on my 2006.

I'll be using a VMP 2.49 pulley, stock 2010 Airbox (since I can't find a CAI for the 2010 M90), and will get it running from datalogging Bama tunes. I plan on running the Bama tunes until I get my exhaust, which will be pacesetter LTs, O/R H, with GTB mufflers (GTBs to quit it down a little and give me that deep tone I want). After I get the exhaust installed and get it running from Bama again, I'll shortly after hopefully get a remote tune from Lito or Justin. I haven't decided on whether or not to grab a 12% OD pulley yet for the build. I started to think yes, but then I looked up the prices of the pulleys and now am not sure if it's worth it. I figured at first it would be like any other pulley and be $100ish, boy was I wrong :omfg:

I'm hoping there's not too much trouble with the install, but I'm sure I'll have questions and I'll post pics along the way through the install and surely some videos of the finished product :clap:

Will get pics up of the kit all laid out on my garages crappy shelving soon! =)

Started install! Whew, been working on it since 11am this morning (May 19th) and decided to take a sit down break and post up pics.
Here's the progress so far:

As you can see the power steering tank is relocated to the right. This kit came off of a 2010 so the intercooler reservoir is much much bigger than the original one for the 2006. I removed the power tank and screwed the right bolt of the intercooler res. in to it's existing hole, and then drilled a hole for the left side of the intercooler res...
then I moved the power steering tank over a bit and drilled a new hole, first I had to cut the mounting bracket for the P.S. tank because I couldn't get it to line up/look right. It's still not as "perfect" as it could be, but it's pretty close.

All disassembled, intercooler reservoir added, now about to remove the bumper to add the intercooler =D

Last edited:

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
glad to see this unit lives on... you have an email tune for it already? which pulley?

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Yep I have the base tune from AM ready, and it'll be the 2.49 pulley :thumb:

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
AM to my recollection doesn't do FI. OP might want to connect with a well respected FI tuner.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
AM for sure does do FI tunes.

They will tune for things like:
Whipple
M90
Edelbrock E-Force
ETC.
Basically any of the twin screw or roots they sell.

However, they do not tune for centrifugal superchargers or turbos, claiming that there's "more variables".

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
No, am tunes if it came from the factory boosted. So gt500 is good. A gt with a whipple is no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't start the car with a Bama tune on there. When I got a tune for my cams from them it was running 14.3 to 1 at WOT.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
No, am tunes if it came from the factory boosted. So gt500 is good. A gt with a whipple is no good.

To say "No" they won't tune for it when I already said I have the base tune is silly :thud: You're wrong =P
I have already spoken with AM and already have their base tune in an email for the M90 that's going on my 2006 GT. They will for sure tune for the applications I listed.
They've also tuned for my cousins 2010 GT with an Edelbrock E-Force. I called them before I bought FI and they told me what all they would tune for.

Anyways, I may start fiddling with the install tonight after work :rockon:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
382837d1308805440-91-vw-diesel-90a-alternator-mod-thisthreadisworthless.jpg

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get picssssssss! I haven't started yet xD - I got scheduled overtime tomorrow for 4 hours from 6:30am-10:30am (8 hour turn around once I get off work at 10:30pm tonight >.<). When I get off tomorrow morning I'll snap some pics and get to work on install :rock:

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
To say "No" they won't tune for it when I already said I have the base tune is silly :thud: You're wrong =P

I have already spoken with AM and already have their base tune in an email for the M90 that's going on my 2006 GT. They will for sure tune for the applications I listed.

They've also tuned for my cousins 2010 GT with an Edelbrock E-Force. I called them before I bought FI and they told me what all they would tune for.

Anyways, I may start fiddling with the install tonight after work :rockon:

I've seen so many different answers it makes no sense. The website says no. I've seen the reps say yes and no. I just go off the website haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I've dealt with two tuners and have been watching the market for years.

Justin at VMP is very busy but knows what he's doing.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Ran in to a problem with the intercooler. Figured I'd take a video instead of taking a bunch of pics. I have a M90 kit off of a 2010, which was then put on a 2009, which is now going on a 2006. Trying to figure out how to bolt this intercooler up since it's from a 2010 and it really isn't clear to me how I should do it with these brackets. Sorry for the garage mess, haven't been bagging since it's baby steps at a time and can def. remember where it all goes, so I kinda just have it laid out lol. Calling it quits for the night, hope someone can give me a heads up by morning or i'm a sitting duck lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ7yZH3GZo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Ran in to a problem with the intercooler. Figured I'd take a video instead of taking a bunch of pics. I have a M90 kit off of a 2010, which was then put on a 2009, which is now going on a 2006. Trying to figure out how to bolt this intercooler up since it's from a 2010 and it really isn't clear to me how I should do it with these brackets. Sorry for the garage mess, haven't been bagging since it's baby steps at a time and can def. remember where it all goes, so I kinda just have it laid out lol. Calling it quits for the night, hope someone can give me a heads up by morning or i'm a sitting duck lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ7yZH3GZo&feature=youtu.be

Not sure with that one but on the vortech kit I had the brackets would utilize the screws of the front impact bar. They were actually on the back of the bars threads with a nut holding it on.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I've also looked at the 2010 install and it doesn't help, can't even see where theyv put it on. Horrible instructions on the 2010 intercooler install

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
I've also looked at the 2010 install and it doesn't help, can't even see where theyv put it on. Horrible instructions on the 2010 intercooler install

Like I mentioned in the above post.... They probably use the threads/bolts from the impact bar in the front.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I just found this pic as I woke up and was eating breakfast before I headed out there to try to figure it out.
I'm not sure if it will help me, or help you help me yet because it's on a 2010 but here it is.

You can kind of see how its supposed to mount on the 2010. If I mount the top to the impact bar it will hang way to low I think

Attachments

• int2010img.jpg
    int2010img.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back