Justinsstang 2006 GT M90 Build Thread

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah, that needs to be a tight fit. Most likely you lost or damaged the O ring.
I still want to see the other matching line on the bottom of the intake.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Yeah, that needs to be a tight fit. Most likely you lost or damaged the O ring.
I still want to see the other matching line on the bottom of the intake.

Those 0-rings can be a problem when the tube is agitated. I normally replace them when I have the line out just so I don't have to pull everything off later if it does leak. The o-rings are cheap.

And yes.. blow the water out by cranking the car with the plugs removed.. Will be fine. May smoke a little at first once you put the plugs back in etc but that is not going to hurt anything. When cranking the car I would pull the fuel pump relay on the BEC first tho. That is the fuse box under the hood (BEC). I highly recommend you take a good flashlight and inspect the intake ports for debris... and hopefully nothing fell into the cylinder thru an open intake valve (like drywall screws etc..) <<-- that part was fuhnny

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Those 0-rings can be a problem when the tube is agitated. I normally replace them when I have the line out just so I don't have to pull everything off later if it does leak. The o-rings are cheap.

Can you say for sure which O-Rings I need to ask for at autozone?
I got it all cleaned up real good and dried out and I'm just going to wait until the morning and go get the o-rings. I have assembly lube now to use as well.

I wanted to get it back together just using the lube tonight but after closer inspection it's like a thin layer of the o-ring is stuck inside my old tube that I pulled out lol. Should have caught that before :moan:

Can just go get them tomorrow and have it back together in a little over an hour and start getting this thing tuned. I don't even know what I would ask for currently or how to describe what that is to get o-rings for it lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You have to remove that tube in the water pump outlet to replace the O ring. Just bring the tube with you to the parts store. (or even the old tube that still has part of the O ring in it)

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Are you saying I have to remove the piece that the orings go on to out them on? I'm pretty sure I can pop them off without doing that... I hope so because I have it plugged right now to stop any more coolant from running out. I was just going to keep it plugged, remove the old orings, wipe it off real good, slide new orings on, put a bunch of assembly lube around it all (how much do I need to put?) And then unplug and slide the heater hose back on really fast

Closest Ford dealer that has these stupid orings is an hour and 10 minutes away. About to make a road trip. I hate my local Ford, they're always so useless.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I get everything shipped to my work... I didn't replace those O rings since I had the car torn down for a while and they were in good shape, but I plan on having spares around if I ever need to take it apart again.

Logistics is 90% of the battle with these projects.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I got it finished and running, however some problems have occurred. Engine codes.

The first codes that popped up immediately after install:
P0122
P0223
P2104
P2110

I cleared them all, went for the first drive, none popped up. Shut it off, started it back up about 5 minutes later to datalog and only these two came up:
P0174
P0171

The "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM" light has also been on since the first drive. During datalog battery voltage was normal. Could it be a belt? Alternator?

Also, the car cuts out during half throttle-full throttle.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Either you have a vacuum leak causing the car to run very lean or the tune is garbage. I would begin by double checking all your vacuum lines. The small ones coming off the manifold as well as the three big ones on the blower elbow. You most likely have unmetered air entering somewhere.

Alternator light means something wasn't connected properly.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
How do you mean not connected properly? What could it be

What about that boost gauge line? I don't have it taped off and it's just laying in the engine bay until I get it hooked up to the gauge. Do I need to tape off the end?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You can't leave a vacuum line laying open, every vacuum line needs to be connected to something. It's a closed system and you can't leave lines laying open. You can just remove the vacuum T and connect the fuel pressure regulator directly to the intake manifold so you don't have any open ports.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I just plugged up the boost gauge to see, vacuum was normal at 20ish.

Somethings weird with my battery I guess? I can watch the voltage meter thing go up and down.

Like if I turn on my headlights, I watch it go down, same with radio, same with A/C lol

After I checked the vacuum I unplugged it and taped the line off so there's no vacuum. Should be fine until I get my pillar pod. Could my positive terminal being loose be the problem? Just checked it and I can wiggle the crap out of it

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I just plugged up the boost gauge to see, vacuum was normal at 20ish.

Somethings weird with my battery I guess? I can watch the voltage meter thing go up and down.

Like if I turn on my headlights, I watch it go down, same with radio, same with A/C lol

After I checked the vacuum I unplugged it and taped the line off so there's no vacuum. Should be fine until I get my pillar pod. Could my positive terminal being loose be the problem? Just checked it and I can wiggle the crap out of it
What makes you think this could be ok?

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
taped off a vac line? Like tape tape? You need to plug it with a vacuum cap. Take a t fitting and cap off the two unused ends. A vac leak is not good. If you tune with a vac leak and later correct it it will throw the tune off then too. Not to mention your tuner will be frustrated to say the least trying to tune it.

Stop trying to rush it, do it right the first time and life is much easier. Not much harder to do than a Lego set but unlike the Lego ship it needs to be right. Can't just skip a step you don't like or don't understand

Last edited:

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
OP, might be best to consult with an experienced mechanic. Not being a dick- you've asked some questions that you should know the answers to if your installing a supercharger. I can't respond to your posts because the issues your having seem to be install related. Before you pop your motor connect with a local mechanic. The first clue was that you are using AM for an FI tune. Nothing wrong with AM, but simple searching of the forum would lead you to several other vendors with significant experience tuning for FI applications.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
OP, might be best to consult with an experienced mechanic. Not being a dick- you've asked some questions that you should know the answers to if your installing a supercharger. I can't respond to your posts because the issues your having seem to be install related. Before you pop your motor connect with a local mechanic. The first clue was that you are using AM for an FI tune. Nothing wrong with AM, but simple searching of the forum would lead you to several other vendors with significant experience tuning for FI applications.

The supercharger is installed, the car is running, just had a vacuum line open that I didn't think about until I mentioned it. Also checked the battery cables and I had forgotten to tighten the positive. Was just asking if it could cause the check charging system light.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Is the sensor that connects to the alternator plugged in?

Yes the sensor is plugged in. Going to go tighten the pos cable lol. Girlfriend is leaving for a couple days, so had to take care of some bsns. Will let you know if it solves the problem. May take another video for yall, phone has been dead or it would have already been done xD

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Justin may not be the most knowledgeable about mechanical stuff but I admire his willingness to jump in and tackle this install by himself. And even with a few mistakes he still got it installed and running. And not only that, he just bought his first house this month. Not bad for a 23 year old. Thankfully none of his mistakes so far have been critical or expensive. Because of his youth and lack of experience I'm finding it easier to overlook most of the basic errors.

Remember, experience is what we earn from doing it wrong and then fixing it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back