Justinsstang 2006 GT M90 Build Thread

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Not bad for a 23 year old.

Turned 24 ten days ago. WTF BRIAN. lol

I admire his willingness to jump in and tackle this install by himself
And I wasn't alone, had all you guys helping along the way lol, not a chance I would have figured out how some of these lines run and how to do that harness without the help =X

Going to change oil and filter tomorrow since I got that coolant in the cylinders.

Waiting on girlfriend to leave then I'll go tighten the battery cable and maybe try to record a test drive, at least I'll try to get a start and idle video, but it's dark...:headscratch:

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Okay I went out there and tightened it up lmao, check charging system went away. Still have the lean code though. I think it may have to do with the fact that it's a base tune for the 2006 and it's the cold air intake off of the 2010 with the ribs cut out, and with the 2.49 pulley.

While datalogging my cousin was saying he thinks the way to figure out your pumps duty cycle is to multiply it by 2 (is this right?) so if that's true when I try to open it up it's at 92%. Haven't installed the S&H wiring upgrade yet, but I actually may do that tomorrow with the oil change.

I'm worried it's my spark plugs. I really really REALLY suck at using that gapper from Jegs. I ruined 2 and the rest are kind of hit and miss whether or not they're the same gap, all should be within .2 of each other, one may be .3

Wish I could have just ordered some plugs pre-gapped to .32

Last edited:

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Do NOT get into boost (any decent boost) with that tune. Next swap will be an engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Yes, the fuel pump data you are monitoring will be from 23ish to 50 (multiply by 2 for DC)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
You need a wideband. No way I'd be testing remote tunes without a proper wideband guage. You're with Bama. Do a datalog for them. I've had a Bama tune on mine since I got rid of the stock Roush tune and they've treated me very well to work out any tuning issues.

Edit: Also a lean issue wouldn't be a spark related. If you weren't getting the spark to burn the fuel I could see a rich condition, but don't see the opposite possible.

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm so mad. I had an older guy in a newer corvette at 3 stop lights in a row with me last night on my trip to Wal-Mart. He flew off the line each time trying to get me to race him. I just couldn't xD on the last light I gave it a rev and he heard the whine, I got a thumbs up lmao.
If it was running right I still probably wouldn't have won but would have surprised him I bet =P

So you guys believe the lean is from the air/fuel ratio making it too lean? Think I'm going to go out there and start to run the wiring from the s&h wiring kit in a few.
I hope the plugs aren't the problem -.- another hundred bucks if so, would be my fault 100% though =X
Found out I can order them pregapped from brenspeed too so that's nice

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Even if you get pre-gapped, make sure you double check them before you install.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Did you plug your open vacuum line? If so, are you still getting the lean codes? If you're still lean you need to find the reason quickly. You also need to run that fuel pump wire upgrade before you get on the throttle and run out of fuel at 6500 rpm. You can't afford a new motor right now.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I plugged it and it's still lean. Also I never take my car up to 6500 rpms O.O always shift at red line which is 6k xD but yea I'm about to go run the wiring upgrade.
I figure it's lean from the tune

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Check for any more vacuum leaks! Spray around the intake with some carb cleaner or something while the engine is running. If idle rpm changes then you found your vacuum leak.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
IDK how to get a hard plastic line custom made for it, is it needed or is there some type of other hose I could use?

bcb06gt

Reaction score
If I am seeing things right, that is part of the PCV system. What type of hose is that? Is it double walled with reinforcement in the center or just a rubber hose line?

I fabricated my own routing using PCV hose there since I have a catch can in the loop.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Where is the fitting that goes on the valve cover? With the air intake tube there simply isn't room to come straight up off the valve cover with the line. Looks like you need to work on your engineering skills.

I'm also not liking how you have the other PCV line coming from the passenger side over the blower. I had it routed across the front of the motor under the blower snout and straight into the air tube nipple without that big elbow on there. If that's the line I gave you then you have it installed backwards. The elbow goes on the nipple on the valve cover.

See how I had those lines-

IMG_2497.jpg

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
They might have sold you heater hose, you need PCV hose. Autozone should have it, as I bought some at my local autozone for my catch can install.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
With the air intake tube there simply isn't room to come straight up off the valve cover with the line.
I used what I could get, I actually just now blow torched the original PCV hose and got the 90 degree fitting and cut that hose and put it on there instead of the one that aims straight out. Haven't checked it since then to see if it's still flexing inward while the motors running. I'll get a pic of it in a minute.

I'm also not liking how you have the other PCV line coming from the passenger side over the blower.
Yep I definitely have it backwards. LOL. The instructions say to route it over the supercharger, I hate how it's routed. I wanted to route it like you had it, but it wouldn't hook up to the air intake with that fitting (because I had it on backwards). Now I can run it that way, how I wanted it to begin with. I'm such a tard lol.

In other news, the original battery cable with the wedges is NO MORE. Lol.

I hated that stupid wedge anyways. The reason is broke is that the positive magically came loose AGAIN after being pretty tight that last time I tightened it. I literally gave it two more turns to try to tighten it back up and the wedge broke. I'm not too heartbroken about it, I drilled a hole through each side and am now using a bolt and nut. Perfect and problem solved.

I also just finished installing the S&H wiring upgrade. Still sputters so we know that's not it.

Also, having the boost gauge plugged up makes it stay at 20-21 vacuum (cant remember which one)... so I'm pretty sure all my vacuum problems are solved. My cousin was here with his 2010 Edelbrock e-force supercharged 2010 and his vacuum was the exact same as mine.

So, I think we're left with it being either tune, or the spark plugs being screwed up thanks to yours truly... Or the more likely, both.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Did you happen to log fuel trims? They will give you a general idea of how lean the maf xfer is during normal driving.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back