Justinsstang 2006 GT M90 Build Thread

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I forgot to say I also cleaned the MAF a minute ago. I logged the following as AM requested:

ENVIRONMENT  COOLANT TEMP

FUEL

 Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1

 Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2

 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1

 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2

MAF

 LOAD

 MAF AD COUNTS

MISCELLANEOUS

 BATTERY VOLTAGE

 RPM

 THROTTLE POSITION ABSOLUTE

 VEHICLE SPEED

SPARK

 SPARK

 SPARK SOURCE

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Got the new tune today, the car actually runs pretty well now =D
I can tell I don't have what I should with the stinkin bama tune. After I do my exhaust I may give Justin or Lito a call for a real tune.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Your tune is the most critical piece of the puzzle and no place to skimp. So everything is together correctly and it's running good? Congrats!

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
M90 2.49 pulley bama tune 0-130:

Looks slow watching the speedo lol. I think I need a real tune =X

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Remote would work if you can datalog and check air/fuel.

I have one of these: http://www.zeitronix.com/ for air fuel, with boost in the center in a single roush gauge pod. Nice and clean. Mounted the control unit up above the glove box, with the wideband output available inside.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
The eatons always sound that much worse in a video, hahahaha.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Got my boost gauge and wideband hooked up. Still running lean after the tune revision.

Also am getting around 7-7.5 psi, figured I'd be closer to 9 =P Is that a tune thing or is that one of those things where "it is what it is". Curious what's normal with the 2.49 pulley, I was under the impression it was 9-10.

Also I'm running the air box that has little ribs in it I guess, I want to swap that out for the ones with the ribs cut out for sure, probably will do that in the next couple days.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You need to fix the lean issue quickly. Cutting the ribs out of your airbox tube will require another tune revision as well because it will increase airflow making your car run even leaner unless more fuel is added in the tune.

Boost pressure is a measure of resistance. You can increase power while lowering boost pressure by reducing the airflow resistance coming out of your motor. More air in increases power and boost. More air out increases power and lowers boost. Deleting the cats will reduce pressure and increase power. Cutting the ribs in the intake tube and using a larger throttle body will increase air flow and raise boost pressure.

FIX YOUR TUNE!!!
You should be seeing AF ratios in the 14.3-15.3 range at idle and dropping to 11.7-12.1 range at WOT.

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
what is your afr during wot pull? What is it in normal driving and idle?

I've seen it get to 10s during a wot, sometimes stays low-high 11s. It's really laggy too but I guess that comes from it still having cats on the car with the wideband being stuck in one of the cats in the rear 02 sensor spot.

idle is around 14.6, but sometimes when I start to take off I see it jump to 16s for a very split second. Really scary, is I've seen it jump to a 17.2 one time while starting to take off from a stop too. Not punching it or anything, and not sure why.

I just ordered my pacesetter headers and off road H pipe so I'll be getting a street tune from Justin or Lito very soon. Still not sure who to pick, I'd like to say Justin since I've seen a dyno sheet where he got 460rwhp and 430rwtq out of an m90, but I don't know his pricing yet or how strict he is on revisions yet as after I get these headers installed (supposed to be here in 4 business days) I still plan to get 4.10s and possibly even a 12% OD pulley in the future.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Not sure where you saw a 460 dyno out of an M90 but I don't believe it unless they had a shot of nitrous on top of it. With the stock 4-5 lb pulley you can expect 365-375 and with that blower setup I hit 435 on a really good weather day and some remnants of 100 octane gas in the tank.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
The dyno sheet is in his archive

http://vmptuning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091

"This car responded really nicely to a pulley, tune, throttle body, and having the vanes cut out of the factory airbox lid (requires tuning)."

From that I'm guessing no nitrous. I'd have the same setup minus the throttle body, maybe he had a unicorn

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back