Kenne bell 2.6 3” belt size?

Alex123

Reaction score
Getting ready to hit the Dyno in a few week. I will be replacing my stock Kenne bell blower pulley for a 3” pulley as Kenne bell advises me that it’s the smallest pulley that I can run safely on the blower. It’s an 05 mustang with a 2.6 Kenne bell. I am look for the belt size for the 3” Pulley.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Why didn't you ask Kenne Bell? They should know this?

JJ427R

Reaction score
When I bought my 2.49 Roush M90 pulley thru JDM engineering, they included a different size idler pulley so my belt size stayed the same, maybe you can do that as well? As a thought give JDM Engineering a shout and just maybe they know the size you need? Worth a try anyway. https://www.teamjdm.com/

Alex123

Reaction score
When I bought my 2.49 Roush M90 pulley thru JDM engineering, they included a different size idler pulley so my belt size stayed the same, maybe you can do that as well? As a thought give JDM Engineering a shout and just maybe they know the size you need? Worth a try anyway. https://www.teamjdm.com/
I’ll look into it thanks.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to hit the Dyno in a few week. I will be replacing my stock Kenne bell blower pulley for a 3” pulley as Kenne bell advises me that it’s the smallest pulley that I can run safely on the blower. It’s an 05 mustang with a 2.6 Kenne bell. I am look for the belt size for the 3” Pulley.

What pulley is on it now? What belt is on it now? Do you have the adjustable position idler pulley that sits by the alternator? If yes, what hole is it on? Where in the tensioner travel are you now? And 3" is not necessarily the smallest pulley. The limit is determined by supercharger max rpm, which I think is 18,000 rpm for a 2.6L.

Alex123

Reaction score
Just in case anyone needs the info it’s a 120.3 inch belt.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's why I gave trying to help. There are many variables that the op never answered.

KB knows exactly what belt size is needed. They probably asked the same questions that I did. But if the op can't provide those answers, how can they determine the belt length needed?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back