Kenne Bell installer needed - southeastern US

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
I think I'm in love with Kenne Bell superchargers. Of course I've previously been in love with Saleen, Roush, Vortech, and a much cheaper option - hot rod cams. How's that pop song go - "I'm like a bird, I'll fly away". Anyway...

KB looks to be one of the harder SC's to install. Not sure I want to take this on myself. Does anybody know of a speed shop that deals, installs, or has experience with KB? Preferably somewhere in the Southeastern US - the closer to Mississippi the better.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I think I'm in love with Kenne Bell superchargers. Of course I've previously been in love with Saleen, Roush, Vortech, and a much cheaper option - hot rod cams. How's that pop song go - "I'm like a bird, I'll fly away". Anyway...

KB looks to be one of the harder SC's to install. Not sure I want to take this on myself. Does anybody know of a speed shop that deals, installs, or has experience with KB? Preferably somewhere in the Southeastern US - the closer to Mississippi the better.
I did it with a friend,both of us never did it the instructions are for 9yr old...there's tons of photos,and direcions, here's a link of the install hope that helpes...everything komes with the kit,KB are reaaly good,everything fited perfect....here's a link with my install hope it helps...it took us a weekend=20hrs with taking our time,drinkin,and having loong lunches:beerchug2:...so it's reaaly easy,you will need basic tools,sockets,wrenches,grinder,soldering iron,fuel line removal tool...here's a link with the install with shitload of photos
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13645&highlight=kb+install

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

north or south miss ? they have a few i know of on the southern side and one or 2 up top .....

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you haven't already bought the KB you might want to check out the Whipple for sale in the sale thread... One price I would not pass up if I did not already have a SC.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you haven't already bought the KB you might want to check out the Whipple for sale in the sale thread... One price I would not pass up if I did not already have a SC.

very true and add the 8 rib kit on top of that low price , that is a damn good deal .....

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Runnin' with the Devil in Mobile, AL. James Parker is the Man and an EXCELLENT tuner. He's a KB dealer/installer, and does great work. He knows KB's inside and out, and has been installing them for years. You won't be dissapointed. I've seen cars in there from Texas before, people come from all over to have him do work. He's tuned my Lightning and the Mustang, and couldn't be happier with his knowledge and expertise. Timing, A/F, duty cycle, and all other parameters are perfect.

At a minimum, give him a call:
Main: (251) 432-8180
10am - 5pm Central Standard Time, Monday - Friday (11am - 6pm Eastern)

They also have a Price Match Guarantee. :) So can't loose by at least checking them out.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the KB is the easiest to install by any means. a 5 year odl could do it provided he could turn the wrenches and the instruction booklet was written for a toddler. It is so easy to follow and understand. I installed mine and had never done anything on cars except for oil changes at that point.

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
north or south miss ? they have a few i know of on the southern side and one or 2 up top .....

I'm in central MS. I will drive anywhere for a very good, experienced installer. I guess its not so much the installation I fear, but what happens if something goes wrong - like the installation gets done and then 5 codes are spit out.

I have heard good things about:

http://www.dynospeedracing.com/

http://www.bbandtracing.com/

Haven't heard anything about these guys, called them once, and didn't get a real good vibe on the phone (not that that means much) - http://www.jmschip.com/main.php

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Runnin' with the Devil in Mobile, AL. James Parker is the Man and an EXCELLENT tuner. He's a KB dealer/installer, and does great work. He knows KB's inside and out, and has been installing them for years. You won't be dissapointed. I've seen cars in there from Texas before, people come from all over to have him do work. He's tuned my Lightning and the Mustang, and couldn't be happier with his knowledge and expertise. Timing, A/F, duty cycle, and all other parameters are perfect.

They also have a Price Match Guarantee. :) So can't loose by at least checking them out.

HELL YES - now that's the kind of answer I was looking for!

Keep 'em coming!

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I'm in central MS. I will drive anywhere for a very good, experienced installer. I guess its not so much the installation I fear, but what happens if something goes wrong - like the installation gets done and then 5 codes are spit out.

I have heard good things about:

http://www.dynospeedracing.com/

http://www.bbandtracing.com/

Haven't heard anything about these guys, called them once, and didn't get a real good vibe on the phone (not that that means much) - http://www.jmschip.com/main.php
Again,if you folow the instructions exactly step by step there will be no codes

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Just talked to KB. Damn, I've REALLY got the fever now. Wish I got the name of the guy I talked to.

He said the base non-IC kit with 5-6 lbs puts down about 390rwhp, which is exactly what I'm aiming for. Then he says 5-6 lbs is really overkill for engine safety and that I could do a lot more - but if I do any more at all I need the IC version.

I had already been thinking to get the IC version just for the hell of it. So now I'm just spousal approval away from KB with 7-8 lbs boost and 430+rwhp. Damn, I can feel it now.

Got to be careful with the spouse though. Been married 16 years. I know how to work this. Planted a seed yesterday and it went OK. I'm probably 3-9 months depending on the economy.

Oh and I asked about installers and his 1st choice close to here was http://www.dynospeedracing.com/ which I already knew has a good rep. They're just a 3.5 hr all-interstate drive from me. SAWEEEETTT

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
You know my car was built at BB&T and there are a few members on here who were also built there. Derrick and John are the best tuners around these parts in my honest opinion. Keep this in mind, even when dynospeed does a big build BB&T still builds the motor. They aren't the cheapest, but I think they are one of the best. They figured out some things on my build that Ford and Roush engineers couldn't. If you talk to them, tell them Robert with the stroker recommended you.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

bingo ......that's the place i was talking about them boys have done quite a few bad ass cars with you being where you are id either

A: go there ( initially this is where i really wanted to get tuned but it was just too far a drive on a canned tune )
B: hit up doug @bamachips

hit up " nikoli " on here he deals with dynospeed and could line you up

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
If all else fails for you, I know we are not that close for you. But we are in South Florida. We are the #1 Kenne Bell Dealer / Installer in Florida. We are a dynojet tuning facility. We could def. help you out with your build if you can't find anyone closer that you trust.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back