Kenne Bell installer needed - southeastern US

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Have you guys ever used a bigger pulley to get the hp down? Some of us are just a little paranoid of breaking the motor.

KB says the base kit (no intercooler) makes about 390rwhp, which is close to my admittedly ignorant comfort level.

Apparently the intercooled kit just comes with a bigger pulley for 8-9psi?

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Have you guys ever used a bigger pulley to get the hp down? Some of us are just a little paranoid of breaking the motor.

KB says the base kit (no intercooler) makes about 390rwhp, which is close to my admittedly ignorant comfort level.

Apparently the intercooled kit just comes with a (bigger ) pulley for 8-9psi?

It's smaller for more boost!3 7/8= 9PSI...4 1/4=6PSI make sure you check it,the one that I got had a 9 psi pulley on a non intercooled set up

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score

Apparently the intercooled kit just comes with a bigger pulley for 8-9psi?

We have... we've actually installed a 2.8 mammoth on a 3V and also installed a UNDERDRIVE crank to produce less boost. Still made 480 to the tire. LOL

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
More important is where you get it tuned. My bro Dan Desio owner of Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill, SC (704-651-3807) is second to none. My KB 2.6H makes 670rwhp on 93 octane! Next week, he'll be removing the 2.6H, then installing and tuning the KB Mammoth kit I purchased from Cali HP Addict. Give Dan a call, you won't be sorry. :thumb:

Last edited:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
More important is where you get it tuned. My bro Dan Desio owner of Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill, SC (704-651-3807) is second to none. My KB 2.6H makes 670rwhp on 93 octane! Next week, he'll be removing the 2.6H, then installing and tuning the KB Mammoth kit I purchased from Cali HP Addict. Give Dan a call, you won't be sorry. :thumb:
so you might be having an intercooler 4 sale?

Back