Kenne bell stage 1 SC

teeje

Reaction score
I have a kenne bell stage 1 SC for my 08 mustang GT which is a full bolt on. Cams, longtubes , etc. just wish now that I never bought my jlt series 3 cai or ford racing intake manifold now..anyway..for those of you have installed the kenne bell supercharger what were some things you had to change/ modify if any? I want to hear your experiences with it and how to get that whine louder. Also I need someone to re tune my mustang as Lito will not get back with me. I have tried since December.
My mustang:

14c430f808ffec9c6a7ea94e9509d897.jpg

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Not familiar with the KB, but if you're putting it on a stock bottom end, it's probably not going to whine much, since you just can't spin it fast enough. My M122 on mine whines a bit, but it's not crazy loud like I wish, and I filled up the silencer ports and lost the under hood insulation.

08Bullitt_0067

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious what cams you have and how loud your car is?

I have a whipple, comp 127500, lts, mac prochamber, no cats and corsa extremes. Very loud when in the throttle and barely hear any whine, if at all. Put my OEM bullitt axle backs on, and yeah now I can hear the whine a lot more.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

teeje

Reaction score
I have ford hotrod cams bbk longtubes Mac prochamber mid mounted slp loudmouth resonators and pypes bombs axle backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I have long tube headers, x pipe, and borla/ford racing stingers and the whine is somewhat audible above 3500 rpm under full throttle. If the car had cats, it would probably be much more noticeable. But the real solution, is to get a really small blower and spin it really fast (m90) or build the engine and spin a normal blower faster lol

teeje

Reaction score
I need pointed in the right direction for forged pistons rods, and anything else I need. I can do all this myself as long as nothing needs machined. If I’m gonna spend 8-1000$ on forged parts I’m going to also replace all timing components just for the sake of it and get a melting high volume oil pump also.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest swapping any parts without having the block checked by a machinist. At a minimum you will need to hone the cylinders and replace all the rod/crank bearings.

teeje

Reaction score
Well in that case I’ll just buy another block lol

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
That would be your best bet! Just get a used block and build it the right way, and then swap it out when you are ready to put your blower on.

teeje

Reaction score
What would be a safe limit to stop the hp? I hear 450 to the wheels and then I hear 500 to the wheels. I just want some accurate information. I wanna play it safe for a year while I get another block and build it.
Oh PS I’m also running brand new motorcraft plugs that are fords latest revision. (less than 10 miles on them)
I need to know if I should be fine with these or go a range colder. And if I need to change, what are good plugs to go to? I have mad blaster ignition coils on as well.

Last edited:

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Most of what I have heard says to limit rear wheel torque to about 450. But, like you, I have heard of a lot of different suggested "limits". Mine made 460/440 on a dynojet on a 90+ degree day and its been running great for over 11k miles.

teeje

Reaction score
Most of what I have heard says to limit rear wheel torque to about 450. But, like you, I have heard of a lot of different suggested "limits". Mine made 460/440 on a dynojet on a 90+ degree day and its been running great for over 11k miles.

Well, what about spark plugs? I must’ve edited my post right when you posted yours when I asked about them. I have literally brand new motorcraft plugs. Fords latest revision. I need to know if I can use these and if I can’t what plugs can I use that WONT break

teeje

Reaction score
Well I have an 08 with black coil boots. I don’t think these will work for me.

teeje

Reaction score
I would suggest these, then: https://www.americanmuscle.com/autolite-ht0-sparkplugs-0508gt.html

Read through some of the articles on this guys page. Not specifically for the KB system, but I'd say much of the information would still apply: https://www.departmentofboost.com/tech/

I e been doing a lot of research and I’m getting mixed reviews on which spark plugs to use anywhere from champions, ngk, brisk and autolite htos

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I have no experience with that brand or plug, but they would probably be fine for your application.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back