killed 2 vettes at auto cross

ScootDawg

forum member
Reaction score
yep thats right took down 2 vettes sunday with my 06 mustang gt and i'm very proud of it lol 1 was a 2008 vert and the other a 2001 coupe so they weren't old and bet up these were nice cars even had some witnesses lol i'm sure he's gonna chime in soon

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 59

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Duh....winning!!!!! lol

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT. S197forum member Scootdawg purely beat up on a couple of modified vettes on 21-Aug at local auto X event held by SOWELA Region SCCA at Chenault Airport, Lake Charles, LA.

Scooter with his mildly modified s197 GT mustang showed no mercy right at get go posting a reputable time and beating the corvettes by over 5 full seconds.

More to come, stay post for the next installment of this story. lol

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Now back to our story: I was on the scene so you can believe that these reports are accurate.

At sign in scooter may have thought for a second that he was out classed by two similarly modded corvettes! Nice cars and quite fast in their own right. But, after the first of six runs his confidence began to build and the stang was dead on. When the day was done and the little blue coupe had two spin outs and numerous downed cones, and the red vert had several off track experiences, scooter made the day with only one, yes one downed cone. This came on round 4, or the 1st run of the second set. At this time it appeared he was driving the nail in the coffin of the vettes to post his best time of the day, but not quite getting the grip expected off the last turn and took out that one cone just at the line. But, he kept digging in the last run and set his best time of 64.037 seconds. This ended up only a little over 3 sec. slower than the winning time of the SM class car driven by S. Young.

At the end of the day the vettes left there saying........WTF just happened???

Some reports received were that this was a pay back from an earlier session at the drag strip where the shoe was on the other foot!

Attachments

• IMG_2564[1].jpg
    IMG_2564[1].jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2560[1].jpg
    IMG_2560[1].jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Congrats Scoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to work ALL day and I hate that I missed you guys! Way to go!!!:beer:

ScootDawg

forum member
Reaction score
Now back to our story: I was on the scene so you can believe that these reports are accurate.

At sign in scooter may have thought for a second that he was out classed by two similarly modded corvettes! Nice cars and quite fast in their own right. But, after the first of six runs his confidence began to build and the stang was dead on. When the day was done and the little blue coupe had two spin outs and numerous downed cones, and the red vert had several off track experiences, scooter made the day with only one, yes one downed cone. This came on round 4, or the 1st run of the second set. At this time it appeared he was driving the nail in the coffin of the vettes to post his best time of the day, but not quite getting the grip expected off the last turn and took out that one cone just at the line. But, he kept digging in the last run and set his best time of 64.037 seconds. This ended up only a little over 3 sec. slower than the winning time of the SM class car driven by S. Young.

At the end of the day the vettes left there saying........WTF just happened???

Some reports received were that this was a pay back from an earlier session at the drag strip where the shoe was on the other foot!

ha ha ha thanks mach2 it was a blast but i must be honest my buddy keith's vette is a 11 second all motor vette lol he smokes me down at the drag stip but it was fun getting to hang out with u guys we need to do it again soon

ScootDawg

forum member
Reaction score
o and just for the record my worst run was still good enough to beat there best time my a lil under 2 seconds lol

Reaction score
Next time you take pictures of your car make sure the porto-john is out of the picture.... :lol2:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
ha ha ha thanks mach2 it was a blast but i must be honest my buddy keith's vette is a 11 second all motor vette lol he smokes me down at the drag stip but it was fun getting to hang out with u guys we need to do it again soon

Yeah, I feel like this may turn around the next time he pulls it out to an event so don't be sleeping. lol

I also had a blast and we will definitely have to do it again.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
So you were in class SSM? You should have been in SM, although SM cars are eligible for SSM, your competition in theory should be faster in SSM thus making SM a better choice.

You should try getting closer to the cones and really getting on the backside of them as you are frequently out of position (and turning in late). There's literally seconds that could be chopped off with a few minor adjustments.

ScootDawg

forum member
Reaction score
So you were in class SSM? You should have been in SM, although SM cars are eligible for SSM, your competition in theory should be faster in SSM thus making SM a better choice.

You should try getting closer to the cones and really getting on the backside of them as you are frequently out of position (and turning in late). There's literally seconds that could be chopped off with a few minor adjustments.

thanks for the tips and to be honest i don't have a clue why i was in ssm this is only the 2nd time i've ran my mustang i have a 91 miata in sts class what i normally run in auto x i told them the mods i have and they said due to my cams i had to be in ssm so idk my buddy brought his vette and another friend brought his g8 gt and mach2 was coming to hang out so i figure i would break out my v8 car as well lol but i just watch the vid and i now c what ur talkin about thanks again for the tips

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back