Really Needing Some Help Here Guys. 08 GT - Running Awful.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to clean the old ones up and see if it runs better first. I just spent 100 bucks on the 7989's, so I'm not too keen to turn around and blow more money unless that's the problem lol

07 Boss

Reaction score
Say I'm out driving around, I'm driving at a consistent speed for a while. When I stop, by the time I take off, it'll try and die. It almost reminds me of an old carbureted engine loading up. But again, only after its gotten pretty warm. If I leave home and hit a few stop signs fairly quickly, it's fine.

You know what? That sounds like the symptoms of the fuel pump cavitation but your car is a 2008 and I thought the issue was fixed by then. But search and you will find folks that would drive at a constant sustained speed for a period of time, Then come to a stop and not be able to drive away again. I sent my used pump to a guy in Canada that was having this very issue and it cleared it right up. Just saying, it's not that hard to check the pump filter and rule out a simple fix. Maybe even data log fuel rail pressure to see if fuel is even the issue.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
You know what? That sounds like the symptoms of the fuel pump cavitation but your car is a 2008 and I thought the issue was fixed by then. But search and you will find folks that would drive at a constant sustained speed for a period of time, Then come to a stop and not be able to drive away again. I sent my used pump to a guy in Canada that was having this very issue and it cleared it right up. Just saying, it's not that hard to check the pump filter and rule out a simple fix. Maybe even data log fuel rail pressure to see if fuel is even the issue.

Did people have hesitation problems while driving as well?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Did people have hesitation problems while driving as well?

I think it was more after cruising for a period of time. I seem to remember others having similar issues while driving and they replaced the sock/pre-filter to help clear up the problem. First step would be to data log fuel pressure and see if it fluctuates. Well it's gonna fluctuate but it should coincide with manifold pressure/vacuum. If there is an issue there, then I would check out the pump.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Did some research and people had problems with it hesitating while driving, but mostly after long drives. Doesn't explain why mine will do it sometimes within a few minutes of starting down the road, but this is the closest lead I've found so far.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
have you ever thought of datalogging with your tuner and seeing what the issue is ? these things are equipped with obd-2 for a reason and the logic is pretty damn good these days. you will find your path there most times

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
have you ever thought of datalogging with your tuner and seeing what the issue is ? these things are equipped with obd-2 for a reason and the logic is pretty damn good these days. you will find your path there most times

I've been trying to get lined up to let Lito do it, but I haven't heard much from him. I guess he's got alot going on. Plus, I don't know anything about datalogging. Never done it before but I'd definitely be willing to.

Phil1098

Reaction score
I've been trying to get lined up to let Lito do it, but I haven't heard much from him. I guess he's got alot going on. Plus, I don't know anything about datalogging. Never done it before but I'd definitely be willing to.

It's really easy, if a 56 year old man can do it anybody can. You have to have a laptop, a tuner (I have a SCT X3), and the software downloaded. The tuner gets plugged into the OBD2 port, the USB cable comes out of the tuner and into the laptop. You either have to choose what data points you are looking for or a tuner like Lito sends you a config file that has what parameters he's looking for. You open the software, load the config file, click on the "start data logging" icon. When you are done gathering data you click on "stop data logging" and then save the log file. You can send that log to the tuner and he can tell what's going on with the map.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
It's really easy, if a 56 year old man can do it anybody can. You have to have a laptop, a tuner (I have a SCT X3), and the software downloaded. The tuner gets plugged into the OBD2 port, the USB cable comes out of the tuner and into the laptop. You either have to choose what data points you are looking for or a tuner like Lito sends you a config file that has what parameters he's looking for. You open the software, load the config file, click on the "start data logging" icon. When you are done gathering data you click on "stop data logging" and then save the log file. You can send that log to the tuner and he can tell what's going on with the map.

Good deal. I've got an x3 as well and I've got livelink II downloaded on my laptop. Basically just waiting on him now. Thanks for the info.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Just checked my email and I got one from him. Hopefully we'll figure this shit out once and for all. Having my car run like crap during drag season is no bueno.

Phil1098

Reaction score
Good deal. I've got an x3 as well and I've got livelink II downloaded on my laptop. Basically just waiting on him now. Thanks for the info.

I did the exact same thing and then removed it, (livelink II) Lito wanted 6.5 and sent it to me, that's what I downloaded and used.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
I am. Sorta. I run the live wire TS. So I have to run that program. I'm pretty sure he converts my data logs over to 6.5 to view them.

He's so old.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I like 6.5, it works well for Manuel and myself. We are about the same age though...:whistle1:

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
I was just glad it wasn't as complicated as I thought it was going to be. Plug everything up and hit start datalogging. Suits the hell out of me lol

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
I think it was more after cruising for a period of time. I seem to remember others having similar issues while driving and they replaced the sock/pre-filter to help clear up the problem. First step would be to data log fuel pressure and see if it fluctuates. Well it's gonna fluctuate but it should coincide with manifold pressure/vacuum. If there is an issue there, then I would check out the pump.

Agreed^, Mine did the hesitation and according to loging with lito its pressure drops then goes back to normal. We came across that it was pre filter. Sounded similar to the issue you have.

Back