Larger, Better, Improved

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To add my few cents.... I awoke Saturday @ 4:25 am and got out the door ASAP and was @ Ron's by 6:05 am to go to the airport. I breeze thru security only to have to wait around for the full body cavity search to be completed on Ron. BTW - I think he liked it!! The rest of the day went as Ron described. What he didn't mention is that due the Termi's troubles, his car did not hit the rollers till almost 6pm!! I must give a ton of credit to Dan @ Pro Dyno - he worked on the car past 11pm on a Saturday night to get it all correct. Even making adjustments after the car was off the dyno and he took a quick trip in it. We didn't get back to our hotel till 2 am, we went back to PMP for a idler change first. Needless to say I'm totally wiped out and will be quickly off to sleep.

LET ME TELL EVERYONE AFTER BEING IN THE PASSENGER SEAT FOR THE 630 MILES BACK TO NEW YORK.
THIS CAR IS SCARY FAST!!

To quote Josh @ PMP "the car runs like a scolded dog"

On the few opportunities to open it up the car pushed me back in the seat in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear!!!! And the KB was screaming the entire way !!!! I now look forward to seeing it run on Thursday at Englishtown.

I must also compliment the guys @ PMP they did an impeccable job on the install the engine bay looks great as does every other thing they did. And the nicest bunch of folks one could meet!!!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok. Guys. I know you were all waiting on the numbers and i got em for you.
But first a little bit of a background story.

Being the cheapass that i am I booked a flight on Skybus (www.skybus.com) Well They happened to go out of business at 10pm on Friday night, a mere few hours before we were set to leave. Check out the site. They are also not processing refunds. They basically said to call Credit card company and deny charges. So Dave and i Scrambled to find a flight and finally found one that wasnt 700 bucks. Skybus was 75 per seat, US Airways was 200 per seat. So i wasnt a happy camper but we got the flight so thigs were ok.

We Get to the airport on Saturday morning and i am "FLAGGED" for additional screening by the idiots. Something about having 2 flights in 2 airports at the same time. It wasnt my fault skybus went belly up. They patted me down, swabbed my shoes, bag, laptop among other things and finally sent me on my way, confident I was not gonig to blow up the plane.

So all in all it was an interesting night/day leading up to the actual flight, which was eventless except for some turbulance and made me feel like i was on a roller coaster.

We get to North Carolina and We are picked up by Fred, Josh's dad, and shuttled to PMP. I managed to say hello to his dog Morris before gonig to loo kat my car and "play" with Matts redfire turd. MAtt ive got a beautiful picture of me and your car

Anyway Dan at Pro-Dyno had the base tune to put some miles on the car done so well, the drivability was excellent, almsot better than stock. Especially considering most tuners wont touch or cant tune the 83# injectors

Car is very docile and well mannered on the street.

We get to the Dyno and hang aroudn for Dan to finish up the car before us which was a Terminator having some electrical and alternator issues. He made somewhere in the Mid 700's in terms of power i believe

Now to the numebrs you have all been waiting for. I averaged 18.75 Miles per gallon on the way home over the course of 650 miles. This was in 6th gear at 75-80mph turning aprox 2300-2500. It was raining a fair bit of the time so it was very difficult to play.

Ok. Dyno Results.
STREET:
93 Octace with a 3.75" pulley on a 2.6H KB and a 18% Overdrive:
616.68RWHP and 554.68 FT-LBS
14 PSI of Boost
Car made power until 6800 redline which we set, never leveling off
Peak torque was made at 4700rpm and held steady to about 5400. It dropped to about 500ft-lbs around 6500rpm

RACE: BOOST ONLY
C16 with a 3.00" pulley on a 2.6H KB and a 18% Overdrive:
703.18RWHP and 687.05 FT-LBS
20 PSI of Boost

Peak torque was made at 4700rpm and held steady to about 5400. It dropped to about 600ft-lbs around 6000rpm and 550ft-lbs by 6700

Note: We started to blow past the clutch as it could not hold the power form this Boost only run through the rest below

Nitrous Tune Before spraying
684.11RWHP and 654.70 FT-LBS
20 PSI of Boost

Peak torque was made at 4700rpm and held steady to about 5400. It dropped to about 600ft-lbs around 6000rpm and 550ft-lbs by 6500
blew past the clutch

Nitrous Tune with a RICH 50 Shot
Ran nitrous between 3500-6000rpm
722.68RWHP and 724.75 FT-LBS
20 PSI of Boost

Car made power until 6000 where the nitrous shut off (722@6000rpm)
Peak torque was made at 4250rpm and held steady to about 5000. It dropped to about 600ft-lbs around 5750rpm and 550ft-lbs by 6500
blew past the clutch

All of these numbers are corrected, 70.27 degrees F Humidity 57% 29.13in-Hg

I need a much better clutch and we can move to spray a larger shot

Will post vids, pics and more sometime tommorow. VEry tired and i need sleep. Was a 9.5 Hour drive.

Wow, Ron that is very impressive! When are you going to get that better clutch? It sounds like that beast has more in it! So ahh, let me see this picture you speak of!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That video is awesome! Really good advertising Haha! You guys did an awesome job on that car Josh!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back