LAStang's Build Thread.......FINALLY!!

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Awesome build man! Love the wire tuck, I could never do it b/c I hate electrical and that looks intense! How do you like the Procharger vs the Vortech? Eventually I plan to build a motor and Procharge it..

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Haha hey Ryan! Nothing too new, just enjoying the car. I've got orders to ND so I've been debating on selling the ride and getting a truck since the car will sit in the garage 8 months out of the year. If I don't end up selling the plan is for new seats, Airlift, big brakes, Cali Special front bumper, GT500 rear and some custom cams.

I was on the dyno this past weekend at one of the shows and she put down 474HP/441TQ.

I'll post the video when I get a chance, the internet in my village is TERRIBLY slow. Sorry for the crap photos, FB and Imgur don't really help with the quality.

ikFXJKa.jpg

z6Cg6fn.jpg

Last edited:

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Haha hey Ryan! Nothing too new, just enjoying the car. I've got orders to ND so I've been debating on selling the ride and getting a truck since the car will sit in the garage 8 months out of the year. If I don't end up selling the plan is for new seats, Airlift, big brakes, Cali Special front bumper, GT500 rear and some custom cams.

I was on the dyno this past weekend at one of the shows and she put down 474HP/441TQ.

I'll post the video when I get a chance, the internet in my village is TERRIBLY slow. Sorry for the crap photos, FB and Imgur don't really help with the quality.

Oooooor get a cheap beater truck for less than the price of new seats.

That's what I'm looking to do, at least. I bought a house just far enough out from the metropolitan area that I know in the winter we probably won't get salt on the roads, so I'm hoping to get a 4WD truck before then. Bet you'll be glad to be back state side!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Update: Keeping the ride! I'm on leave for the next 30 days so I figured I take another round at the engine bay.

The plan is to remove my A/C. I found Paul's write up but have a couple questions if anyone has input for the process.

1. With the FRPP delete pulley I'm assuming the same belt can be used correct?

2. I don't care to keep the A/C lines in tact so do I just bend the shit out of them to get them out?

2.5 Do I need the quick disconnect tool for anything?

Paul's Thread:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10934&highlight=A/C+delete&page=2

Last edited:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Alright gents, another question.

What would be the best compression ratio for the D1SC and power goal of 700HP for a weekend vehicle? Just not completely sure what piston/rods to get for that though. Still researching so please forgive my noobness to all of this.

Been reading through numerous builds the past couple days (JoshK, 05Stroker, Webber, etc) and am still trying to understand it all.

For now the plan looks like this:

Stock Block (Bore +.020 good?)
Stock Heads (New valve seals and Trickflow springs)
Stock Crank
Stock Cams (maybe custom, idk yet)
Piston/Rods (determine the cr correct?)
ARP 2000 bolts
'13 GT500 oil pump w/ TSS billet gears
GT500 dual fuel pump w/BAP
93 Octane fuel, maybe E85 in the future

That's all I got for now on my paper lol. There's a reputable machine shop nearby to where I'll be moving so the plan is (once I get everything planned lol) to remove my engine, break it down and supply everything to the shop for them to put together as I have no clue about timing, balancing, degrees, and etc...

Any help is much appreciated fellas!

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Glad to see you're keeping it, and moving forward with a build! Just a couple notes / suggestions most people just go .020 over / 3.572 bore with a stock block, then if you have an issue later on there's still a bit more to work with the .010. Make sure that machine shop has the proper torque plates too. I think you would be okay with H beam rods for that set up, I have them in my motor and have been happy with them, although if I were to do it over again I would go with billet rods. Use any good quality 2618 alloy piston and if it were me I would use steel rings, some will argue that of course but that's just what I run. Also not sure I would use a stock crank, I know people say they're good to 700 hp but I wouldn't be comfortable pushing the limits on it, that's just IMHO. If you're using stock cams you shouldn't need lock outs, unless I'm missing something? I would recommend a mild port job on the heads and maybe PAC 1233 valve springs. Also, 93 octane and 700whp don't usually play well together with a centri, I would plan on e85, if nothing else just to be safe. ^^ good call on the 2013 GT500 oil pump w/TSS.

Last edited:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Can't help you on the compression ratio, but have you considered the 2013 Shelby oil pump with the billet backing plate. When i got mine I believe it was $68.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110929

I remember reading this now, thanks Scott, no reason not to go with it. Updated my list.

Glad to see you're keeping it, and moving forward with a build! Just a couple notes / suggestions most people just go .020 over / 3.572 bore with a stock block, then if you have an issue later on there's still a bit more to work with the .010. Make sure that machine shop has the proper torque plates too. I think you would be okay with H beam rods for that set up, I have them in my motor and have been happy with them, although if I were to do it over again I would go with billet rods. Use any good quality 2618 alloy piston and if it were me I would use steel rings, some will argue that of course but that's just what I run. Also not sure I would use a stock crank, I know people say they're good to 700 hp but I wouldn't be comfortable pushing the limits on it, that's just IMHO. If you're using stock cams you shouldn't need lock outs, unless I'm missing something? I would recommend a mild port job on the heads and maybe PAC 1233 valve springs. Also, 93 octane and 700whp don't usually play well together with a centri, I would plan on e85, if nothing else just to be safe. ^^ good call on the 2013 GT500 oil pump w/TSS.

Fantastic, thanks for the input Kyle. I'm going through your build now.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Need some help fellas. Got the car back together but now she'll crank, but not start. Battery has 12.x volts and the wiring to the starter is good so I'm at a loss. Haven't messed with the plugs and she has fuel pressure.

Thanks for any assistance.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back