Launching my car = failure

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
When I try to launch my car off the line, it Bogs down as soon as you let off the clutch. I thought I was the problem, but abdullagt500 also tried launching it and it did the same thing.

The tires do not break loose at all from a stop, and the clutch spins a little shifting from 1-2. I usually launch it at 3500-4k rpm, and once I dump the clutch it bogs back down to 1500-2k rpm.

When I try to do a burnout, the clutch is the only thing that spins. It doesn't smoke, but you can smell the clutch being burnt.

Any ideas what the issue could be? Car is a 07 mustang gt with 160k miles and only modifications include a Jlt series 2 intake, CMCV delete plates, off road x pipe, MGW shifter, and a fresh bama tune.

I'll try to get a video after school.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
160k on that clutch? Thats probably all she wrote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The tires do not break loose at all from a stop, and the clutch spins a little shifting from 1-2. I usually launch it at 3500-4k rpm, and once I dump the clutch it bogs back down to 1500-2k rpm.

When I try to do a burnout, the clutch is the only thing that spins. It doesn't smoke, but you can smell the clutch being burnt.

Any ideas what the issue could be? Car is a 07 mustang gt with 160k miles and only modifications include a Jlt series 2 intake, CMCV delete plates, off road x pipe, MGW shifter, and a fresh bama tune.

I'll try to get a video after school.

The one thing I expected it not to be...

seriously? :thud: you answered the question in your first post as to what the problem was.

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
seriously? :thud: you answered the question in your first post as to what the problem was.

I have had people tell me it wasn't the clutch.

Can I only replace the clutch disc with a factory ford one? Or do I need to buy the whole assembly? Anything else I should replace while the tranny is out?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The one thing I expected it not to be...

You expected it to not be the clutch?

Throw a clutch in that thing and celebrate with smokey burnouts everywhere!

(Please allow proper break in. Drive responsibly. Not recommended for children under 16. May experience nausea, excellerated heart rate, erection, and possible death. Consult a physician if erection lasts more than 4 hours)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

find new people.
(Please allow proper break in. Drive responsibly. Not recommended for children under 16. May experience nausea, excellerated heart rate, erection, and possible death. Consult a physician if erection lasts more than 4 hours)
:roflmao:

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score

Sig worthy.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score

Can I only replace the clutch disc with a factory ford one? Or do I need to buy the whole assembly? Anything else I should replace while the tranny is out?

with that mileage, i'd replace it all. clutch, flywheel, bearings, etc.

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
but you can afford new tires?

if you can't afford to replace stuff - don't abuse the car. :crazy:

I can afford the parts and fixing it my self. I can't afford paying someone and worrying about transportation to school and work. Would it be stupid to wait a few more months and do a gear swap/tru trac rebuild while tranny is out in about 6 months?

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

fuckin spit my drink! :roflmao:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can afford the parts and fixing it my self. I can't afford paying someone and worrying about transportation to school and work. Would it be stupid to wait a few more months and do a gear swap/tru trac rebuild while tranny is out in about 6 months?

Gonna have to baby it and not a sure bet you will make it.

KoolerSL2

Serve and Protect
Reaction score
itsslow. PM me or Text me. i work at the dealer. ill see what i can get you everything u need for.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back