Laura's Winter Build Thread

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have some plans this Winter that I hope to get started on soon. I am planning on sticking with the NA set-up. My biggest focus is on weight reduction. AND, I gotta keep up with the big boys.

Mods to date:

-Steeda CAI
-Steeda CMDPs
-4.10 gears
-Powerhouse Aluminum D/S &D/S Loop
-Kooks LTs
-Pypes O/R H-pipe
-FRPP Stingers
-UCAs
-LCAs

Here's the plan...............

Weight Savings/Drivetrain

-K-member w/ Torque Limiters(CHE)----going to have to try and fabricate this
-A-Arms
-Radiator Support Delete
-Corbeau Seats
-Rear Seat Delete
-Holeshot/Bogart Wheels( in black obviously)

HP

-C & L Intake Manifold
-GT500 Throttle Body
-Comp 127500 Cams

Misc.

-4.30 Gears
-3 Gauge Pod/Shift Light
-Meziere Electric Water Pump
-Tokico Adjustable Struts/Shocks
-BMR Xtreme Anti-roll Bar

I am sure I am missing something........feel free to add your insight. I will be sticking with the stock rear end until I have problems with it, if at all. Then it's on to a Tru-Trac.

The tune will obviously be done by JJ at Woodbine Motorsports.

I am totally stoked to start this project and get to running it next season!

Last edited:

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Sounds like what I was going with before the turbo. GL with the build!

Joser281

Reaction score
Instead of the C&L Intake Manifold why not go for the FRPP one? It's cheaper no?

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
1) any head work done?
2) what headers are you running?
3) go FRPP 4.56 vs 4.3's
4) with those cams dont forget springs and phasers/or lockouts.
5) put the tru-trac in now while the rear end is opened up.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be a nice build Laura. I think you'll like the C and L.

FRPP is plastic and it flexxes. Big Time.

Please dont turn this into another FRRP intake debate. Feel free to post your thoughts on that subject Here

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Damn nice little build I will be starting a thread soon with a couple of my tricks that I have coming up.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow very unexpected! :beer:. List looks great Laura, those are some nice parts your going with. Your car would rock on the 15's leaving at 5500-7000 rpms... You will love pulling the front tires feeling too :roflmao:

Which style rims do you have in mind? I would go 26x10.5x15S Et drag Stiff side wall. That combined with the 4.30 gear, you would probably in the 1.6's sixty foot first day out with it .. if not 1.5's :popcorneat:

Last edited:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks.

Instead of the C&L Intake Manifold why not go for the FRPP one? It's cheaper no?
My boyfriend has had great luck with this manifold, so I am going to use it as well.

1) any head work done?
2) what headers are you running?
3) go FRPP 4.56 vs 4.3's
4) with those cams dont forget springs and phasers/or lockouts.
5) put the tru-trac in now while the rear end is opened up.
No head work(for right now). I already have Kooks LTs. I didn't put the phasers/lockouts up since they are a given. Most likely going to go with limiters. Good point with the Tru-Trac......we will see what happens.

Wow very unexpected! :beer:. List looks great Laura, those are some nice parts your going with. Your car would rock on the 15's leaving at 5500-7000 rpms... You will love pulling the front tires feeling too :roflmao:

Which style rims do you have in mind? I would go 26x10.5x15S Et drag Stiff side wall. That combined with the 4.30 gear, you would probably in the 1.6's sixty foot first day out with it .. if not 1.5's :popcorneat:
I have been talking about doing this project ever since I put my LTs on. I sat down a few months ago and wrote down everything that I need and the damn list just kept on growing. I'm not sure which style I am going to go with yet when it comes to the rims. I have plenty of time to figure it out.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks.

My boyfriend has had great luck with this manifold, so I am going to use it as well.

No head work(for right now). I already have Kooks LTs. I didn't put the phasers/lockouts up since they are a given. Most likely going to go with limiters. Good point with the Tru-Trac......we will see what happens.

I have been talking about doing this project ever since I put my LTs on. I sat down a few months ago and wrote down everything that I need and the damn list just kept on growing. I'm not sure which style I am going to go with yet when it comes to the rims. I have plenty of time to figure it out.

I have been outta the loop -_- leave the stock clutch in it for sure lol :thumb2:

Last edited:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been outta the loop -_- Keave the stock clutch in it for sure lol :thumb2:
The stock clutch isn't going any where. You better believe it:thumb2:

dougie b

Reaction score
build list looks awesome! make sure you post pics with updates, I want to see a PW stang make some numbers!! I plan on going a similar direction with motor mods soon, good luck!

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks folks.

Skip the C&L Intake and TB at this stage then.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back