Laura's Winter Build Thread

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Part of my build is finding a trailer JJ, keep an eye out. We have a ton of parts accumulating here...

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Hey you all need to let me when and where you are going. Cecil is 40 min and so is Capital. Where do you all go. New to the area and looking to go more.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey you all need to let me when and where you are going. Cecil is 40 min and so is Capital. Where do you all go. New to the area and looking to go more.
Cecil
Mason Dixon
MIR

Those are the 3 places we go.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Stupid question but I may be able to answer myself; would you go to MIR over capital becuase its more popular/nicer? Why not capital? Unless something big is going down Mason Dixon is like 70mile and MIR is about the same.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but I may be able to answer myself; would you go to MIR over capital becuase its more popular/nicer? Why not capital? Unless something big is going down Mason Dixon is like 70mile and MIR is about the same.
MIR always takes top spot, but can be a hike. Personally, I have never been to Capitol. I hear it can get pretty ricey and ghetto with tons of break downs and shit all over the track. Mason Dixon is the closest track for us, so we go there quite often. Cecil is a damn good track too.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
MIR always takes top spot, but can be a hike. Personally, I have never been to Capitol. I hear it can get pretty ricey and ghetto with tons of break downs and shit all over the track. Mason Dixon is the closest track for us, so we go there quite often. Cecil is a damn good track too.

Cecil and Atco Raceway are Great Tracks! Hope to visit both alot this season!

Gotta start posting photos of your mods Laura!

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I will give you all my email address for you to email me when going. I'd like to meet some of you out. [email protected] Please let me know when you go.

Anyways back to the tread, so whats the plan Laura? When do the tires go on the new wheels? What sizes are you running. I'm looking at 265/40/18 for the stock wheels and with that diameter I will stay under 6k in 4th, so that will be good. How about you?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cecil and Atco Raceway are Great Tracks! Hope to visit both alot this season!

Gotta start posting photos of your mods Laura!
Yeah, I hope to get up to Atco when NMRA is up that way.

Pictures will come wen all the shit is on the car, haha.

I will give you all my email address for you to email me when going. I'd like to meet some of you out. [email protected] Please let me know when you go.

Anyways back to the tread, so whats the plan Laura? When do the tires go on the new wheels? What sizes are you running. I'm looking at 265/40/18 for the stock wheels and with that diameter I will stay under 6k in 4th, so that will be good. How about you?
Sounds good! I hope we can start racing next month. Hell, if anything, just take a Sunday and cruise around for a bit.

I am hoping the tires will be ordered in the next couple weeks. Spending money on other things at the moment. I'll most likely keep the same tires I had on the 17" Bullitts that I was racing with. Those were 275/40-17 MT drag radials. I'll be going with ET Streets though which are 26"X11.5" on a 15" wheel.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MIR is one of the best tracks around and they always take good car of you. They are about 2 hrs from me but I still like to go there.

Earl

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mason Dixon works for Laura and I since it's only 45mins west of us. Cecil and MIR are about 1.5-2 hrs away. We both have our personal bests at Cecil...

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's because Cecil is "downhill".....bwahahahahaha!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well I'm down to go and if that is west for you all then you can wait for me and we can carivan west. I'm near Towsen.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
That's because Cecil is "downhill".....bwahahahahaha!

HAHA Same thing about Atco too!

Mason Dixon works for Laura and I since it's only 45mins west of us. Cecil and MIR are about 1.5-2 hrs away. We both have our personal bests at Cecil...

I got my PB there too. Cecil is about the same for me too, 1.5-2hrs depending on traffic. Hope to see both of you there this season! and JJ too!

Back on topic now lol, feel like a "thread jacker."

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the builds will come in a flurry the end of February through March. We've both been accumulating parts, and Laura's got to find a good paint shop for the cowl hood. We just need some warm weather!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back