Line Lock Issues

Mark_K

Reaction score
Finally got my new to me 2011 GT with a manual transmission out to the drag strip last night. I've installed a Summit Racing Line Lock kit in it and I'm having issues actually disabling the AdvanceTrac Traction Control. I've tried holding the traction control button for 8 seconds until it 'disabled' and the dash light came on. When I went to lock the front wheels and heat up the rear tires, something, (the AdvanceTrac system?), was cutting back the engine and not allowing it to rev. I also tried double-tapping the TC button to go into 'sport mode' and had the same problem. Am I missing something obvious or is there something else going on?

Thanks,
Mark

07 Boss

Reaction score
Don't know if this pertains to your year but I was told turning off traction control from the dash does not completely turn it off all the way off. Only turning it off in the tune completely shuts it off. If there is a big enough discrepancy from the sensors it may kick in. But with that said I have never had that issue and I turn it off via the dash.

Mark_K

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I seems that what you heard was correct since what it feels like is that it is kicking in, even though I turned it off on the dash.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
On my 2010 I had to install a diode in the break pedal wiring to prevent the advance track from interfering with a burnout and hard launch. On this car you step on and hold the break and press and hold the traction control button for 7 seconds to disable advance track.

crjackson

Reaction score
On my 2010 I had to install a diode in the break pedal wiring to prevent the advance track from interfering with a burnout and hard launch.
What does the diode do to prevent Advancetrac from kicking in, and what other side effects occur as a result of the diode?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
What does the diode do
Without the diode, when I turned the advancetrack off and set the front breaks with the line lock I could do a burnout but when I let go of the lock button the advancetrack warning would start flashing. A second burnout or hard launch could not happen without the advancetrack taking the throttle away. I would have to turn the ignition off to reset the system. Adding the diode (supplied in the kit) completely solves this problem. The procedure is simple and works every time.
Press and hold traction control button for seven seconds while stepping on the break pedal and the warning lights on the dash. When ready, step on break and hold line lock button. Let go of break pedal. Do burnout. Let go of line lock button and roll out. You can do this again or stage and use the lock or not. Traction control will not interfere.

Mark_K

Reaction score
On my 2010 I had to install a diode in the break pedal wiring to prevent the advance track from interfering with a burnout and hard launch. On this car you step on and hold the break and press and hold the traction control button for 7 seconds to disable advance track.

Where in the circuit do you install the diode? Also, how big a diode do I need to get? Is there a lot of draw across it, or will a lower amperage diode handle the load? My kit didn't come with a diode or any wiring diagram.

Thanks!
Mark

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Where in the circuit
The diode is added to the wire between the break switch and the PLC. It prevents line lock power from back feeding into the PLC. The diode was included in the kit I purchased and came with color coded wires attached. I think I got the kit from SHM.
I did a quick search and came up with a Hurst kit for your 2011. The on line instructions for that kit illustrates the location of the diode in a diagram and describes the wire colors involved better than I can. Sometimes Google is your friend.

byblazed

Reaction score
I haven't gotten around to installing it yet but I got the JPC Line Lock Kit for my 2014. It states in the installation instructions to be careful of the diode in the supplied wiring when running it from the brake switch. So this goes with what midlife said above. The summit kit didn't come with a diode?

Mark_K

Reaction score
No diode in the Summit kit. I went back and looked on their site and it says it comes with one, so I've got an email in to them to get one.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
This was posted 9or10 years ago on a sight when they were trying to drift a 2011.
This is what I did at the drag strip to shut ALL nanies off.
22741dfd0cb9307df67886ea346a5c9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The diode is added to the wire between the break switch and the PLC. It prevents line lock power from back feeding into the PLC. The diode was included in the kit I purchased and came with color coded wires attached. I think I got the kit from SHM.
I did a quick search and came up with a Hurst kit for your 2011. The on line instructions for that kit illustrates the location of the diode in a diagram and describes the wire colors involved better than I can. Sometimes Google is your friend.

The diode in this application is also called a ..'steering' diode. It will prevent back feeding of power. (they only conduct in one direction). Steering diodes are used in many applications... mostly non automotive.

The 1N54XX series of diodes are good for 3 amps continuous. The 6AXX series of diodes are good for 6 amps continuous. The 10AXX series of diodes are good for 10 amps continuous. All 3 are small things.
You can also parallel diodes for more current handling capability / redundancy. They are readily available at any local electronic emporium.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
This was posted 9or10 years ago on a sight when they were trying to drift a 2011.
This is what I did at the drag strip to shut ALL nannies off.
22741dfd0cb9307df67886ea346a5c9f.jpg

Does this also shut off the ABS brakes ? I (think) the ABS brake function has it's own fuse.
Temp removing the 5 amp fuse is a dead simple method for track use.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Does this also shut off the ABS brakes ? I (think) the ABS brake function has it's own fuse.
Temp removing the 5 amp fuse is a dead simple method for track use.
Not sure about the abs,I do get some dash lights after I pull it.
As said this is temp for the drag strip to get around all the nannies and it worked for me.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I think it's does disable abs,I believe that was one of the dash lights that comes up,it's been awhile since I've been to the strip.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back