Line lock solenoid leaking...help

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well we thought we are all done...but it looks like the bottom of one of the Jegs solenoids continues to bead up break fluid. We have tightened down everything we can think of...yet it still runs down the bottom of the solenoid...any suggestions?

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It seems to be leaking right where the washer meets the brass towards the bottom of the solenoid...and I know we got that sucker tight.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I think we got the problem solved.... Yes we used teflon on all fittings. the Leag wasnt coming from any of the fittings. it was the actual solenoid that was allowing fluid to leak through the washer 3/4 of the way down the solenoid. Had to take the top fittings off... pull the solenoid and tighten that bitch down with some elbow grease. I think that solved the problem. Tested out the Line locks outside of the house and worked like a champ. THanks PMP!!

How do I screw up something as easy as line locks hehe.... You give me exhaust...no problem.... rearend gears...no problem..... stereo system wireing...no problem.... BUT give me line locks... and I about drown in brake fluid and cant pull it off without cursing and throwing crap hehe. But in the end... GOTR DONE. going to wash the car and clean up the brake fluid off the body.... going to get under there later and see if there are any more leaks... I think all is alright now. The line locks rock,... cant wait to hit the track next weekend

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
GOTR DONE.
Good - glad to hear it - I on the other hand got nothing done on the car today - busy running around doing other things...

Tomorrow should be, er, interesting... I have not data logged my last set of tunes, so we'll see what we got when we get there...

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good - glad to hear it - I on the other hand got nothing done on the car today - busy running around doing other things...

Tomorrow should be, er, interesting... I have not data logged my last set of tunes, so we'll see what we got when we get there...

I hear ya on the tunes. I requested mine from Doug over a week ago and finally got an email from him this morning with the updated tunes for the JLT. Good luck tomorrow... Stop doing other things and GETR DONE hehe.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back