Little 3V Update/E85 Swap/Blow Thru/Power Pipe

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Car made 23psi at 7100rpms today. Be nice to rev it a little higher but I'm leaving those decisions to Lito. Poor little paxton is getting a workout.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Made a few pulls on the dyno last week. Couple rich spikes that need addressed. Sent lito some logs and got an updated tune today. Havent been to the track for a while. Last event got rained out.

The trans is on hold still waiting on the mvb. Suppose to be send out late this coming week.

Ordered DSS setup for the 4r. Billet yoke, 3.5in shaft, new flange. Now I'm trying to decide on the shifter I want to run.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Well I pulled the methanol system and welded the holes in the intake pipe. Believe I had a small leak in boost at one of the ports. Never really used the system anyways. I'll be doing a air/water system this winter.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also thinking about ditching my bmr adjustable rear sway bar setup for an arb...

Well I pulled the methanol system and welded the holes in the intake pipe. Believe I had a small leak in boost at one of the ports. Never really used the system anyways. I'll be doing a air/water system this winter.

Thanks for the update.

I believe BMR is coming out with a new ARB soon and that it will not require welding tabs on the axle tubes. I had the earlier version an my car and it can make for a very rough ride on the street with both links connected.

If you are going air/water will you be able to retain the blow through MAF?

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
I'm going to have a air/water setup fabricated for my car so hopefully I will be able to retain blow through. I'm not going to run the vortech cooler setup.

I have heard about that new bmr bar. Hopefully they release it soon.

Also today I bought a used pair of double adjustable qa1 coilovers for the front.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Installed a gates HD green belt over the weekend. 121.37inch. Install for a belt on these cars with this blower setup seems like a task but it really isnt that bad. Release tension and pull belt off blower pulley. Un bolt the blower plate from the engine, its about 5-6 bolts and its off. Has to be pulled to route new belt in between blower idlers. Reinstall goes pretty smooth.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
The auto swap parts are starting to come in! Went with the black hurst shifter, looks pretty nice! Called FB today and ordered a few final pieces I need, the adapter mount, relay setup, and shifter mounting plate. Also had to order a different cross member. I think I have everything in hand or on order with the exception of the converter. Full 6060 swap to be for sale soon!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
You'll love that FB 4r70w! I did my swap last summer, it wasn't too bad, they know what parts you need to make it pretty much a bolt in installation. The only issue I had was the shifter bracket they sent me had the mount welded on backwards, I ended up cutting it off and re-welding it the right way, no biggie. IIRC I re-used my OEM cross member, there was a bracket to use it with the 4r70 mount, I started with a 5r55s though so it might be different than yours. I didn't deal with the reverse lights on mine, just don't have em'. A tip I'll mention is to make 100% sure you put lots of RTV around the base of the Lokar dipstick tube they send you before you install it, otherwise it will leak! Don't ask how I know this...:whistle1:

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
You'll love that FB 4r70w! I did my swap last summer, it wasn't too bad, they know what parts you need to make it pretty much a bolt in installation. The only issue I had was the shifter bracket they sent me had the mount welded on backwards, I ended up cutting it off and re-welding it the right way, no biggie. IIRC I re-used my OEM cross member, there was a bracket to use it with the 4r70 mount, I started with a 5r55s though so it might be different than yours. I didn't deal with the reverse lights on mine, just don't have em'. A tip I'll mention is to make 100% sure you put lots of RTV around the base of the Lokar dipstick tube they send you before you install it, otherwise it will leak! Don't ask how I know this...:whistle1:

Is it a lokar flexible dipstick? I ordered mine separately. Only ordered those few pieces from FB. I have the 6060 mount so had to order a 5sp crossmember. I'll probably do the reverse lights it doesn't seem to bad. Ordering the correct pigtails for the lights and the speed sensor.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Is it a lokar flexible dipstick? I ordered mine separately. Only ordered those few pieces from FB. I have the 6060 mount so had to order a 5sp crossmember. I'll probably do the reverse lights it doesn't seem to bad. Ordering the correct pigtails for the lights and the speed sensor.

Yes I ordered pretty much everything for my swap from FB and they sent the flexible Lokar dipstick tube for an AODE trans, which of course fits the 4r also. I'd be interested to see how you make out with your reverse lights and what parts you use, maybe I'll do mine later on if it isn't too painful. I was able to reuse the speed sensor from my 5r55s. The neutral safety switch was a little bit of a PITA on mine, but shouldn't be too bad with a stick shift car.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Yes I ordered pretty much everything for my swap from FB and they sent the flexible Lokar dipstick tube for an AODE trans, which of course fits the 4r also. I'd be interested to see how you make out with your reverse lights and what parts you use, maybe I'll do mine later on if it isn't too painful. I was able to reuse the speed sensor from my 5r55s. The neutral safety switch was a little bit of a PITA on mine, but shouldn't be too bad with a stick shift car.

FB website has the part numbers for the reverse and speedo sensor pigtails as well as the wiring info for them. I'll try it out and see if it works out. Hopefully I don't have to silicone my dipstick tube in but I will if it looks like I need to. Just remembered I need to order Trans cooler, fittings and lines.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Went to Brenspeeds open house/dyno day over the weekend. Took home the trophy for Ford Highest Horsepower. 848rwhp was the number. Dyno was spiking a bit up there. Second pull showed 791rwhp. Either way I was pretty surprised.

Heading to bowling green this weekend to run true street.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Went to Brenspeeds open house/dyno day over the weekend. Took home the trophy for Ford Highest Horsepower. 848rwhp was the number. Dyno was spiking a bit up there. Second pull showed 791rwhp. Either way I was pretty surprised.

Heading to bowling green this weekend to run true street.

Congrats! That's awesome! Good luck in True Street,

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Had a great time at BG. My first NMRA event and it was a blast. Saturday was a long day for sure. Woke up at 3am to start the drive and ran my last pass right after midnight. I was dropping tenths every pass. Last pass was 10.29 @ 142mph, with a not so good 1.65 60ft.

Back