Little 3V Update/E85 Swap/Blow Thru/Power Pipe

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
I havent really posted much since I bought my old 3V back from Irishman. Just though I would share some updates with you guys.

First change was I went Blow through. Picked up and HPX-E maf and flange from pmas. Also fabbed up my own power pipe after checking out some of the power pipe builds on here. I think the upgrade was defiantly needed.

Then I had Lito work his magic again. Took the car from 620s into the 680s on brenspeeds dyno.

Had that done last summer and made one trip to the track. Pulled a couple 11.2/3s@130. I could tell the suspension wasnt liking the power or my 5500rpm clutch drops. So this winter I have completely redone the suspension.

QA1 DA Rear Shocks
BMR DA Rod end lcas
11-14 Style BMR UCA/Mount
BMR SB042 Rear Sway Bar
BMR Relo Brackets

Strange Single Adjustable Struts
Tubular Rad Support (No front sway bar)
13 Cobra Jet Springs

So hopefully that with some more seat time will really show was this car is capable of with the 6060 trans.

Also I'm finishing up an E85 fuel system. Jeremy from S&H has been great to work with. He has helped me along with recommendations and parts.

Twin DW300 Pumps in the GT500 Hat (PPRV Delete)
Kenne Bell Duel 17.5V BAP
Startlite -8AN Line from hat to rails
Fore Filter
Fore Rails
ID1000 Injectors

Just waiting on a few pieces to finish the line install.

Lito already has my startup tune sent. Cant wait to see what the differences are with E85. I've been testing my local stations so I can find the best and most consistent pumps. Everywhere has been between 85-87% except a Meijer stations. It was just over 70%.

I have some super lofty goals of trying to get this thing in the 9s with the 6sp. If I cant manage to do it this year then I'll have some thinking to do... Auto swap has been bouncing around in my head for a couple months now. if I do it will be the 6r80 if there is a controller for it, or it will be a 4l80.

But next up is the rear end. Thinking about just dropping a detroit locker with some strange axles and calling it good. Probably have a brace welded on also.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck with the build!

Watchout as alcohol, either drunk or burnt is addictive!

(is "drunk" used correctly here? or should I use "drank" instead?)

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
does it really matter once you have had enough? hah

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
drink, drank, have drunk. Use all 3 that way all the bases are covered.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
As long as its either the car drinking or me then we will be good to go! Now if both start... Then that would become an issue.... lol

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Well got home today to my eaton locker on the porch! Also picked up an open end lug net set for the racestars. Got full bearing and seal kit for the rear. Going to pull it completely apart and replace everything when the diff goes in. Also picked up some moser axles with extended studs. Hopefully that will give me a little more piece of mind at the track haha.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Knocked out a few more logs today. Taking it up to 6K on some wot pulls. Not much timing in it yet. AFR is looking better. Should have this thing dialed in before long. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Good to hear, you will be dialed in before you know it.

Going to be sending Manuel some logs myself this weekend.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Well I've been fighting a complete rail pressure loss at around 5500-6K rpms. So after talking back with Lito and Jeremy we decided it was best to just pull the entire duel gt500 system with the bap and go return. So now I'll be running AEM 320, Walbro 465, with the FC3 controller, hobbs switch to run the 465, and going to install the vac. block to clean up the mess of lines in the engine bay.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Well today the rear is coming together. Locker, mosers with extended studs, and new bearings/seals/etc. Gonna keep the 4.10s in for now.

Fuel system is suppose to arrive today. So I'll get to installing that Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully get some tune updates early in the week and get some more logging in. Opening weekend at the tracks around here. Might take a break from the fuel system and go see whats going on. Lot of local guys went junkyard 5.3 with turbo setups.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Well I figured I would update this thread instead of making a new one. Swapped out the 3.15 pulley for a 3.0. Did a 2k-5k log last night. Didn't really notice much of a boost increase. Never really paid much attention to boost until peak. So I need to figure out if I picked up anything or not so we can adjust timing. This is the smallest pulley I'm going to run with this blower.

Also I put my deposit on a Darrin Burch 4r70 build. Going full MVB with a brake. Circle D Converter. Haven't worked out a stall yet I'd imagine it will be around 5200. I'm a couple weeks out on the MVB from FB being done. I'll update this with info as I get it.

Also still trying to decide if I want to pull the 6060 and install the 4R on jackstands haha.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
My only piece of advice for the tranny is get the biggest remote cooler with a fan you can fit.

Derale makes several options.

I dropped .5 by swapping trannies. I still think I have another .2-.3 I can drop though.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Yeah I've been looking into that last couple days. I was going to mount where my evap junk is now. So I'll def need the biggest most efficient cooler/fan possible.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back