Looking for comfort suspension setups

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a lowering setup that is more comfort oriented?

I'm sure me running 35 series 20s is not helping.

Currently on XTA coilovers which ride well but can get bad sometimes.

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
I have BMR drag springs with stock struts and Viking da shocks and it rides great. Just took a buddy for a ride last week and he was really impressed with the car overall.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
BMR springs and STR.T's here and it's stiff as hell. I kinda hate how it rides.

I only recently found out that I should have cut the bump stops though....how in the hell I didn't know that is beyond me.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I have BMR and Str.t on my car and it rides great. A little stiffer than stock, but still super comfortable. I've driven 35-40k on this over the last 2 years and don't regret it for a second. My grandma rode in the back seat for 1200 miles and didn't complain once lol.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Two different responses from two different people with the same setup....

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Only suspension setup I've had that provided comfort without compromising performance is the AirLift setup I run on my Shelby. It sucks when I jump in the Bullitt because the Koni Yellows and FRPP springs ride like poop compared to it.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Roush what?

I have the Roush 1" drop springs, struts and shocks and GT500 strut mounts.
The drop isn't major, but I don't want to scrape on everything or feel like I'm riding in a wagon either. Jmo of course.
the rear I have. BMR relocation brackets and Lca's.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Roush 1" drop springs, struts and shocks and GT500 strut mounts.
The drop isn't major, but I don't want to scrape on everything or feel like I'm riding in a wagon either. Jmo of course.
the rear I have. BMR relocation brackets and Lca's.

I have the complete roush suspension kit in my 2010. Provides for a 1" drop in the front..and 1.25" in the rear. BMR lca's, adj uca, and relocation brackets. Steeda HD strut mounts ( camber set to -1 deg). WL watts link...+ tru-trac. Roush sway bars front + rear. Roush jounce stops etc, are lower.
275-40-18 on 9" rims..on the front. 285-40-18 on 10" rims..on the rear.

Rough ride if on shitty roads. Have to crawl over speed bumps. Some slightly domed man hole covers require straddling them, or driving around them. I believe the springs are only 30-40% stiffer than oem. I think the Roush struts /shocks are slightly over damped. If road is fairly smooth, it's a great ride. Anything else and it's no fun. Coffee flying everywhere. Any imperfection in the road, and you feel it.

It's a trade off though. Oem suspension would nose dive (+rear end lifts) upon braking. Would lean left + right in the twisty bits. With acceleration, front would rise, rear would squat. Now it doesn't do any of that, huge improvement. With adj shocks /struts, at least you could tweak it for dd use, and re-tweak it if required for other applications.

Last edited:

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I have the complete roush suspension kit in my 2010. Provides for a 1" drop in the front..and 1.25" in the rear. BMR lca's, adj uca, and relocation brackets. Steeda HD strut mounts ( camber set to -1 deg). WL watts link...+ tru-trac. Roush sway bars front + rear. Roush jounce stops etc, are lower.
275-40-18 on 9" rims..on the front. 285-40-18 on 10" rims..on the rear.

Rough ride if on shitty roads. Have to crawl over speed bumps. Some slightly domed man hole covers require straddling them, or driving around them. I believe the springs are only 30-40% stiffer than oem. I think the Roush struts /shocks are slightly over damped. If road is fairly smooth, it's a great ride. Anything else and it's no fun. Coffee flying everywhere. Any imperfection in the road, and you feel it.

It's a trade off though. Oem suspension would nose dive (+rear end lifts) upon braking. Would lean left + right in the twisty bits. With acceleration, front would rise, rear would squat. Now it doesn't do any of that, huge improvement. With adj shocks /struts, at least you could tweak it for dd use, and re-tweak it if required for other applications.

I run the same springs with koni str.t's and mine rides very comfortable. it is your struts/shocks

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Roush/str.t setup, but it very much depends on the individual.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Two different responses from two different people with the same setup....

I bet most of his issue was the bump stops. Before I cut mine the car rode harshly over big bumps. Once I trimmed them, the ride improved a lot.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
My car doesn't ride harsh at all, with the setup I listed.
I guess if you want that much comfort, better stay stock? if you're a baller you can get Air Ride :)

07 Boss

Reaction score
Comfort is very subjective. My little two seat vert I think is pretty comfortable but others say it can be bone jarring. My stang is pretty comfortable but it handles like shit so I never push it to where I'm using the whole suspension travel.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back