Looking for help with Shaker 1000 problem - Jacksonville, FL

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
Purchased a 2005 GT with the Shaker 1000 system...minus the stock head unit. Previous owner removed it and installed a Pioneer DEH-4300 UB so that he could have ipod connectivity. Problem is, the speakers in the lower doors and the subs in trunk are silent. Took it to a local stereo shop where the guys said he had a pretty good idea of what was wrong (subs weren't hooked up because of the popping issue when using a aftermarket head unit). He installed (according to the work order) a SNI1 Ground Loop Noise Filter. Told me to come check it out. I did....subs still don't work :( He said that all the speakers could be blown, or the amps fried. I said thanks, and left.
I don't know jack about sound systems, and this thread may be too vague, but I'm hoping someone can at least steer me in a better direction to figure out what's up. My next option is to take it to Best Buy's car install shop, and I don't have a warm and fuzzy about that, either. If anyone in the NE Florida area can lend a hand, that would be even better. Thanks!
Update: Just checked the 30A amp fuses for the amps under the hood. They look good...just like all the others in the box.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
A guy on here listed a stock Shaker 1000 head unit for sale last week, I remember seeing the thread. My suggestion is put the stock head unit back in, it's not a bad system from the factory.

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
I was beginning to think that, skwerl. Screw the ipod...I want my bass back! I'll look for it. If I can't get it to work with the Pioneer unit, I'll go back to stock. I hope the wiring harness wasn't chopped up during the install :(

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I have a shaker 1000 and when I swapped to a dvd player I bought wiring harness that plugged into the factory harness and all my subs and speakers and amp works. I bet that's what your missing

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
muztangman93, where did you get your harness? I guess I just need to pull my headunit and see what it looks like back there.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
If the speakers were popping when turned on, then the original owner did not put the 5v voltage regulator in line with the remote turn on for the amps.

You need to make sure the harness is connected up correctly in the dash to the shaker harness and make sure the sub output on the HU is turned on.

Here is the write up I used when I had my 06 GT.
http://forums.themustangsource.com/...ex-sg4933r-rear-camera-install-w-pics-455116/

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
I'd actually recommend just the opposite, keep the aftermarket h/u and ditch the terrible factory sub/box. Build/buy an aftermarket box and be MUCH happier.

The stock box sounded OK with the stock h/u(simply because of the all the way around terrible sound), but putting in a good deck and speakers elsewhere quickly showed how terrible that box is..

edit: who ever thought installing a ground loop isolator would magically make your subs start working again doesn't have a clue wtf he's doing.

I'd pull the deck out and how everything is hooked up back there before you go any further. If you don't have the Pioneer removal tools, you can also shove a medium zip tie down each side and find something to pull on to pull the deck out of the sleeve (assuming its single din), or you can just take the whole radio panel off.

Last edited:

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
Update. ummduh is correct. The 'audio proffesional' that installed isolater is clueless. I took it to, of all places, Best Buy, and the audio guy there had me up and running in less than an hour. Amps weren't hooked up correctly. He handed me the PAC SNI1 back and said 'I found this hooked up. Someone didn't know WTF they were doing.'

Back