Lowered car, Axle is Still centered. WTF?

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
So yesterday I had H&R sport springs installed (F 1.0", R 1.6") Anyway I just pulled my car in the garage to put on my adjustable panhard bar and supported it by the jacking points in front of the rear tires. With the rear suspension unloaded my axle is still perfectly centered.

I rigged up a plum-bob on each side above the fender well and measured to the edge of my wheel on each side in the exact same spot.

I did this a couple years back on my 05 and it needed adjusted.

Am I forgetting something?

Thanks gents :hi:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
you have to center it loaded.

unloaded it moves from proper centered

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Like I said I did this once about 4 years ago, so I couldn't remember the exact procedure. Anyway got it installed successfully and within 1/16. Was getting dark, and took it off jack stands. Ill get it dead on next week when I throw on my catback.

Anyway thanks!

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
mine stayed centered for about a month or so. then it moved it usual 1/4in out like my last s197.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
mine stayed centered for about a month or so. then it moved it usual 1/4in out like my last s197.
Did you loosen the PHB bolts when you swapped the springs and retighten them only after the car weight was fully back on all four wheels and you'd at least bounced the rear of the car a couple of times to settle it?

Norm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back