Rear lca recommendations

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by Enfield, Apr 8, 2021.

1. RED09GT

RED09GT Equal Opportunity Offender S197 Team Member

I did the Steeda spherical bearing on the axle housing after tearing my stock bushing up. I have it paired with a BMR adjustable upper with a poly bushing at the chassis side and Steeda Chromoly lowers with whatever bushings they come with from Steeda-they market their bushings as exclusive to them and they are more compliant than the bushing in my BMR UCA or my BMR sway bar.

The rear of the car does feel more like it can rotate more freely, and not hitting that point where everything goes stiff due to bind at the speeds that I am comfortable with in a corner. But more importantly for me, the car goes straight at the dragstrip.

2. Juice

Juice forum member

Im good now, that search reminded me of one reason I chose to keep OEM LCAs.

3. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

In an effort to avoid the bind issue I opted for J&M UCA. It appeared to offer the best compromise and I've found the car does rather well dealing with any kind of on/off roll center handling issues. The quality of the part has also been excellent and I changed out the rubber in the axle housing with poly. Still quiet and handles very well.

https://hotpart.com/product/05-10-m...-control-arm-red-jm-products-made-in-the-usa/

4. Enfield

Enfield Member

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  5. 06 T-RED S/C GT

06 T-RED S/C GT forum member

As long as it's either synthetic or marine grade, yes!

6. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Senior Member

Most poly bushing manufactures recommend silicone based grease. Other greases containing petroleum can cause the bushing to crack and come apart. Many marine greases are lithium and or moly mixed with petroleum and I avoid them around polymers.

7. Racer47

Racer47 Doesn't have much to say S197 Team Member

Midlife Crises likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.